Respected Contributor

Re: Skinny T's: Does one size really fit all?

On 3/8/2015 Reba055 said:
On 3/8/2015 chrystaltree said: How can a 38d be a size 4 ? I'm a 38d and I'm a size 14, sometimes 16 in tops. I can either the missy or the womens Skinny Tee, the women's size is much longer. They are for layering.
I know, it's sad, lol. I have wide shoulders, boobs, and I'm shaped like an upside down triangle. I wear a size 12 dress to fit across my bust, ugh. It's stinks, I can never buy tops and pants as a set, or Pjs for that matter. It's interesting to say the least.
Oh I just re-read what I said earlier. I'm a size 4 in pants which has nothing to do with skinny tees. I guess I was thinking about OP asking about covering her bottom. No wonder I confused everyone. No, size 12 on top, size 4 on bottom. OS fits my 38D boobs just fine, is tight all the way down from there, and covers my size 4 butt. Sorry all, bad day!
Valued Contributor

These did not work for me at all. I am still on the hunt for a longer tank or camisole to use for layering.

Honored Contributor

If you are thin I think the skinny tank will fit, but I'm a size 12 with a 38C chest and it looked ridiculous on me, I wouldn't even chance wearing it under something.

Super Contributor

I hate the current sizing ! When I was in High School and then Nursing School (over 40 years ago) my measurements were 38" (with a 36B bust) / 23"waist/ 36" hips..and I was 5'-7" tall and weighed about 130 pounds. I typically wore Junior/Misses sizes of 13/14 on top, and a 9/10 to 11/12 on the bottoms...I was considered a L/XL then, but I am broad shouldered and also very curvy.

However, now the *Vanity Sizing Charts* would have placed me in the Small to Medium (on the Q) range ?! {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Um, NO - I don't think so ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I've never been considered slender (as many of the Small sized models are) nor int that size range.

PLUS I weigh 20 lbs. more than I did 40 years ago. I have endured 3 pregnancies ( I had 1 miscarriage at 4 months along, and gave birth to my 2 wonderful children after non-eventful pregnancies). I'm still a L/XL at Q !

However, It's just wrong that these SIZE CHARTS are geared to make women "feel better" whether it be from aging, going through menopause (and gaining weight). I was a Q size 2X in 2008 but I moved to FL and had dropped 60 lbs. Most of the items that I've purchased are in XL/1X mainly because the Bust (42D) - the waist/hips are no problem - however, my BUST never shrinks ! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Does anyone else have any suggestions for a layering T with a lot of stretch?