Contributor

I don't understand this. I have purchased two sets of different shirts from this line, all four were large. The only difference in each set was the color. One would fit and the other would be too small. I know stuff happens but this is expensive. The clothing is way over priced and then you have to return at least one shirt.

Super Contributor

Sizing can vary a lot. Someone that used to work in textiles explained this not long ago here on the boards. It has to do with how they cut the material.

I think it's hit and miss, and something you just have to deal with when you're ordering online. It's too bad that you can order the same shirt, and the sizing will vary from shirt to shirt. I understand it more if it's a different shirt, but it's frustrating.

Trusted Contributor

Move to another line. This is common with her line.

Honored Contributor

QVC buys from many different manufacturing plants and countries. This is more obvious than ever.

In the past year I have (on more than one occasion) bought the same pants, shirt (usually clothing) at the same time but different collors, same size, same item number.

I have to try each piece on because they often (I don't use the word often easily) I repeat often fit entirely differently.

Where one shirt that is in white will be a little large, often the same shirt, same item number, ordered at the same time, (in a color black) will be too small!

I used to make my own clothes so I understand how an inch or even 1 1/2 inches will make a difference in something.

QVC might order the item in white from one manufacturer and then order the other color(s) from another manufacturer.

So, 3/4 of the time I have had to send back all but the white shirt. This gets expensive since QVC does not refund the $3 and it costs me (when I use their sticker $6.95 to send back).

This is exactly why some of the garments fit and many others don't. It's REALLY obvious when you order something that was wonderful (fit, etc) just months before and either you were on wait list or decided to re-order the same thing. You get it home and it is usually way too small.

Super Contributor

This is the exact reason why I rarely order clothing on QVC. If I do see something that I cannot find a similar item in the store, I scrutinize the garment measurements before ordering. I was so tired of paying return postage for clothing that was supposed to fit, but didn't. I was spending money and having nothing to show for it. Now that QVC changed their S&H policy, it will cost even more to return, since you are not reimbursed for your original S&H. I take this all into account as part of the cost of the item. I have the same problem with shoes on QVC. Best for me to shop where I can try on before I buy.

Respected Contributor

Did you check the size chart for each shirt? Do you really know your body measurements or do you just assume you know? Are you buying the size you wear when you shop brick and mortar stores? QVC doesn't use standard sizing. If you still have size problems, STOP buying for the SG line. It's silly and as you said, expensive to play the return game. QVC has many designers, find the 2 or 3 that work for you and stick with them.

Super Contributor
On 4/6/2015 Chrystaltree said:

Did you check the size chart for each shirt? Do you really know your body measurements or do you just assume you know? Are you buying the size you wear when you shop brick and mortar stores? QVC doesn't use standard sizing. If you still have size problems, STOP buying for the SG line. It's silly and as you said, expensive to play the return game. QVC has many designers, find the 2 or 3 that work for you and stick with them.

OP said she bought two sets of two shirts, all in size L, where one shirt fitted and one was too small, in the same set. It's a reasonable complaint.