Respected Contributor

I've been watching old, old tv shows and movies because I find them more entertaining than most of what is available today.  One of the shows is Golden Girls which was done during the 1980's.  I forgot about the shoulder pads!  The "girls" even have them in their robes!   That got me to thinking about the Kathleen Kirkwood shoulder pads that were sold on QVC.  Since I have narrow shoulders a pair of small shoulder pads would help a lot.  Anyone else need some shoulder help?  

Thanks! 

Respected Contributor

Yes I like them and still use mine.  I have a set of shoulder pads from Kathleen, so you know how old that is.  I take good care of them but they are getting worn. I have washed them in a Breezies bag that undies are delivered in.  I would like her to bring more to QVC as I would buy a couple pair or more.  I have droopy shoulders and need that lift.

Honored Contributor

As I have gotten older, my shoulders are sloping, especially the left one.

I wear small shoulder pads if I am going out and my shirt keeps slipping off of my shoulders.  I still have my KK pads that were sold in a canister with three sizes.

Most of my coats have shoulder pads already built in.  Good coats and jackets should always have them.

Honored Contributor

I had a blazer back in the 80's that had huge shoulder pads, I just loved that blazer, but Im sure I looked like a linebacker!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Regular Contributor

Re: Shoulder pads anyone?

[ Edited ]

I’ll never forget the first time I put on a blouse with shoulder pads.  I was in a dressing room and was like OMG...so THAT’s what’s been missing all these years!  They make a big difference on me and I was totally addicted to them for years.  

I gradually got tired of trying to find a way to wear them where I wasn’t fussing with them all the time and weaned myself off them but I love when a garment has them sewn in.

Respected Contributor

I have ONE pair of K Kirkwood shoulder pads that I cherish.

All the rest have disappeared and if I would of known that we would never see them again, I would of stocked up years ago.  They are not the huge one's that make you look like a football player rather than a just enough lift to the shoulder to make it look proportional.

She must of sold her rights or something, never have we seen them again.

Wonder what happened.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling

My mother was a wonderful seamstress and made just about everything for herself, me, and my daughter.  I remember the fabric store sold shoulder pads.  Wonder if they are still available at fabric stores or places like Hobby Lobby.  Need to check!  

Respected Contributor

I remember being able to buy shoulder pads at fabric stores.  I haven't looked in ages, I wonder if they still sell them there?  The shoulder pads of the 80s were indeed huge and, in retrospect, ridiculous.  But a little shoulder pad can made a big, favorable difference in the overall look of a garment. 

Trusted Contributor

hate them.

untitled.png

Valued Contributor

I have a whole plastic shoe box size box of shoulder pads from various clothing items over the years.  Also have some new store bought ones as well as stuff to make my own.  I am ready for the shoulder pad revolution!  We used to joke about shoulder pads and Sue Ellen on Dallas.  Whenever someone had a really obvious set of the giant ones she would be called Sue Ellen.  Some of the Simonton and Mackie clothes still come with small ones.  Linea stuff too.