Honored Contributor

Re: Should people over 50 wear jeans?

Yes, although I'm the one who likes higher waisted jeans.  They're more comfortable for me.  Not tight around the tummy. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

No matter what the size, no matter what the age, people have to wear something.  If jeans are their choice, that's fine.  People who do not like jeans on older people, or bigger people or skinny people probably wouldn't like anything else that's available either.  Maybe society would like for the "undesirables-those over a certain age, or weight or proportion" disappear, it's not going to happen.  Before deciding someone should not wear a certain item, try to imagine them in something you think would look better.  Chances are, that look would not be popular either.  Some people could wear a potato sack and look fantastic and others could wear clothing made for royalty and still look like they need help.  Be happy with your choice and don't let anyone else's opinion be your compass.  People comfortable and confident in their skin and clothes look beautiful no matter what.

Esteemed Contributor

Of course people over 50 should wear jeans. People who are turning 50 this year were born in 1968 and I doubt that they would think of themselves as over the hill.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know if they "should," but I am going to. I really don't know of anyone having the "authority" to tell me not to.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

I've worn jeans all of my life, but they have never been my favorite. Back in the day, they were unbearable. Now, I have several pair of the knit jeans. They're the only kind I'm interested in wearing now. 

Take Diane Gilman's jeans. I don't think the age of 50 or any age has to do with it. If you don't mind showing it all, after the bloom is off the rose, go right ahead. Wear what you like, as long as you like. 

I like that poem about wearing purple when I get old. When that was written purple must never have been a pantone color. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't know any reason ladies over 50 should not wear jeans - but they should be appropriate to their body shape and size. VERY FEW women who are post menopause have a body that looks good in skin tight clothing.

Honored Contributor

Im 72 and jeans is all I wear.  I do not wear dresses or skirts or dress slacks.  I even wear jeans to church.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I'm joining the "over 50" group (63) in saying heck yes!  I wear C. Wonder jeans in several styles right here from QVC.  Their fabric is light weight and has a little stretch and does not shrink or need ironed. 5 *****'s.  Oh oh this has turned into a review Woman Embarassed lol

Honored Contributor

I can't believe anyone would even ask this ridiculous question...

Honored Contributor

wrote:

As someone upthread posted:  ABSOLUTELY!!

The real question should be:  Who in their right mind thinks that leggings look good on everyone??? 

I recently saw on Instagram I believe, the slogan:  Attention!!! Leggings are not pants!!!

I definitely hearted that one.  Unless you are at your optimum body weight, leggings require a tunic over them.