Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, May 15th

Hi Charlene @cerb  Glad your daughter made it to Puerto Rico safely after the bumpy start of the journey.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Rock_chick  I bought a denim jacket from Kohl's years ago that I treasure.  I got it on sale, probably because the sleeves were so long for a 'missy' size.  It's not often I'm able to get something long sleeved off the rack that will accommodate my long arms.

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--I did the bioluminescent bay trip when I was in Puerto Rico. It is a great experience. I would love to go back to Puerto Rico and had planned to do that last November but the hiurricane ruined the plans. 

It was 93 degrees when I came home. When it cools down some, I hope to go out and rake up and bag the trimmings from yesterday's attack on the Boxwood.

I see that one of the Kipling bags had made it into my state. I think it is funny that the one I ordered the day after the other is the one I will be getting first.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hope you get rid of those migraines for good, Charlene.  This month's book was T"he Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane: A Novel" by Lisa See.  There is one part of the book (fairly early) that was so upsetting to me that I had to "talk myself" into reading the rest.  It was a pretty good book.  Next month will be "free read" where we can talk about any books we read rather than concentrate on one.  Our group dwindles in the summer when some go back to places with cooler climates.  Several have another home or condo elsewhere or regularly rent a place to get out of the heat.   I think my neighborhood loses at least a third of its population over the summer.  Have to say sometimes I am tempted to go elsewhere for a few weeks, but......

Honored Contributor

The TSV sunglasses have officially been returned.  One day they are in Indiana and the next day.....

I gave up trying to understand it Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--There is no logic to the routing of packages. If you really want the item, then the most circuitous route and carrier will be chosen. Same for returns.

I just returned from 40 minutes of gathering up trimmings from the boxwood I trimmed yesterday and bagging it. I definitely have to go back and even it up as some of the fallen trimmings hid some areas that didn't get my TLC. Then  after I get t hat done, the other half need to be done. At least, I had company as my neighor mowed his lawn.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I'm sure your boxwoods look beautiful Jean @KonaKat