Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues. December 3rd)

Hello all,

Since today was the last separate yard waste collection I was up early, grabbing up the leaves (don't know where they are coming from) around my front porch.  I also picked up small branches that continue to fall off my neighbor's sick tree.  I took the high road and even grabbed up the branches on her lawn (Merry Christmas, lol).

I tossed a pair of scuffies (cheap shoes) that have been on the back seat floor since before I retired.  Also got rid of an old pair of boots that I didn't know were in the foyer closet.  

That's about it Woman Happy  We had some snow flurries for about an hour (no accumulation).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues. December 3rd)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you got the yard waste out, including that of your neighbors.  I always wonder how branches, flowers, etc. make it to my front patio -- it is mostly surrounded by a wall, and they are not from my yard.  Some are easy to ID as my next door  neighbors, but others must be from neighbors that are further away.

Nothing exciting going on here.  The senior lunch program went well, and they were decorating for Christmas.  Really nice.

I am debating going to the gym.  I can't use many of the machines, but I may still go just in case some of my buddies are there. 

On the way back from "work", I stopped by the Hallmark store on the way home and picked up some Christmas cards.  My card list is getting shorter due to deaths, moves, etc., and also because quite a few no longer care to exchange cards.  I still enjoy doing so at this point, even from people I only hear from once a year.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I'm glad you mentioned Hallmark.  I have Christmas cards to mail out (my numbers are dwindling too) but I need to stop in Hallmark and select 3 cards for the great nieces money gifts.  I buy regular cards (not money cards per se) and it takes me a while to find the perfect card for each child.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Good job on picking up the leaves and small twigs, etc. I don't have trees which shed leaves any longer but that doesn't keep my neighbor's huge tree from decorating my back yard.

Linda--I don't receive or send Christmas cards in the amount  I once did. I get several of those electronic cards. 

I don't have anything exciting to report. I worked today and will tomorrow also. Tomorrow is trash day so I'll need to get up extra early to put out the trash. Thursday, I have my primary doctor appointment.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.