Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday, June 16th)

Good Evening!  I am sorry to hear that you have been in pain, Glenda.  I hope the MRI provides some answers, and you can have PT or whatever helps.  

Also sorry several of you are having such uncomfortably hot/stormy weather.  It was very hot here today -- 109 degrees.  Not fun making my hospice deliveries (in and out of the car).  But, it was not too hot on my early morning walk.

Waves to Susan, Bernie, Fressa, Glenda, and all of our posters and readers.  I saw on FB that Jean is home after her trip, and was pretty tired today.  

DD was out buying things for the dogs this morning, and I think the alarm company was coming.  She is very busy getting things in order.  

I got my car back from the garage this morning, and then went grocery shopping.  The prices were high, but I did splurge on some fresh fruit and vegetables plus some cashews (on sale).  

Sleep well everyone.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday, June 16th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   It was just a few degrees cooler around here on Wednesday.  To be fair, it's less about the heat and more about the stifling humidity.  I need to schedule an appointment to have my car serviced.  This will be a biggie because it's taken me a long time to hit any of the mileage requirements since I retired.  Aside from the oil change I'm going to want them to rotate the tires, change the air and inside cabin filters and do whatever recall work is required.  I'd have to look at the paperwork I received about the recall.  I think it's for something related to a  hood latch or something like that.  When you don't drive alot (and I don't) a twitchy hood latch is not much of a worry.

I'd like to schedule the appointment when the weather is favorable for me to be outside walking.  I don't know if the dealership's staffing has improved and I learned the hard way last year that they have no problem taking 3 1/2 hours for a scheduled oil change Woman Indifferent  Part of me is afraid this appointment will be all day event Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--I'm glad your car is in good shape after the appointment. We have similar situations with our Subarus (especialloy after those suggested month/mileage check-ups. I always have to repeat to myself that all that $ should bring us zero problems for next few months. It still is a staggering total when they ring up the total. 

Happy to DD is getting things in order. I think it's always a relief with a major move to get back to some "normal" routine. It makes me believe that I actually have made progress. I'm one of those people that prefers to have a place for everything and everything in it's place. (except for the three rooms under construction) 

Thanks for the update on everyone's medical issues. I've been engrossed in the roofing/gutter fiasco  here this week. Glad to see that some are making progress but others still have pain. I'll keep all of them in my thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Sounds like you have the major car appointment covering all the biggies. I like to do it the same way. That one trip at a time for each recall (assuming they have the part) and then the regular "stuff" and then the suggested "stuff" makes my head spin. 

We caught a lucky break the last few times with the garage manager to make a reduced list based on our lower mileage. The warranty still is active so fingers crossed that is a true statement. On the up side--after all that work is done then I do breath easier when I'm running around in the car. It still is too muvch $$ even with coupons.Crossing my fingers for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good idea to wait on the weather before you take in your car, Bernie.  Fortunately for me, if the repairs are going to take a while, the garage owner drives me home, and picks me up the next day.  I can't deal with sitting around in the waiting area for more than an hour, and it never seems good enough to walk home.  

I am amazed at the very hot weather in other parts of the country.  Yikes.