Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., Feb. 6th)

Hello from snowy Michigan.  Okay, that might be an exaggeration, lol.  I received a coating of just under 2 inches.  It was easy to shovel so that's a plus Woman Happy

Gem day has always been an easy pass for me so my budget is safe.  Well, semi safe because American West has new pieces Woman Wink

I need to remind myself that I don't wear what I have often enough to be bored with it to the point I need to introduce something new.

What's everybody up to today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., Feb. 6th)

@Bird mama   Hi Bernie!  We had an ice storm last night here in NE Ohio.  Luckily they got all the roads salted so I got to work just fine.  The walk from my back door to the detached garage was a bit tricky, though.  You would have thought I was walking on egg shells.  I put my hand against the side of the garage to brace myself, but it was also covered with ice, so no help there!  I'm 71 and skinny, so I'm petrified of falling.  Once I got to the car, all was fine.

It's been freezing rain, then snow, then more rain all day today.  We are supposed to get about 6 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's commute!  Oh, did I mention that this crazy zoom chick drives a Mustang!  (It is fun in the summer.)

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We've been having cool temps and lots of rain. Snow is suppose to arrive tonight. I hope it doesn't bring ice with it. Stay safe with all the storms that you have. Ice really scares me because I'm not that graceful on dry land. LOL

I'm still in the middle of the prescription "mess" . This is the start of the third week. Today I felt so dizzy that I thought I was going to pass out. I ate some leftover chicken and that seemed to work. I had to pick up another one of my prescriptions and use the drive thru at the bank. I was happy that got that handled today. Tomorrow... I'm not sure what I'll have on my list. I did get the taxes started. It takes about 4-5 days for our "stuff".

Gem day is always gets my attention. Shiny babbles are like a magnet ot me,.LOL!!! I swear I can pick out the most limited or expensive item in the tray. I don't need a thing but I still owe myselft a couple of gifts. I think I will stick to my budget because I can't spend that much $ on what I really like. It's a want and not a need.

I haven't heard from our son if he's keeping up with his PT. I'm guessing not. No phone call is usually not good. He works shifts from home so it's impossible to get him on the phone. I usually phone my dil to get the info. She's got her hands full with taking care of her mother who had toe surgery.

Our female GSD has her chronic eat infections again. I thinks it's all this humidity with the rain. Just when I get one thing on the mend another one flairs up. She has a sweet disposition and tolerates allt he cleaning and medication. Poor thing. They are our "kids" since all of ours are adults.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.   

Respected Contributor

@Fressa   You at the same jewelry stage as I am.  I already have so much collected over the years that only the really expensive stuff interests me now.  Of course I can't afford those things, but looks are still free, aren't they?  Jewelry is never a need, but it sure is fun to get something new!  Cat Very Happy

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, 2blonde, fressa, we were supposed to get a dusting of snow overnight, but we got nothing.  It's a sunny day, but we are supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow afternoon.  A bigger snowstorm might get us on Sunday night into Monday morning. Please pray that it doesn't hit the Capitol City because my next IVIG infusion is on Monday morning & it's necessary for me to get it.

I laughed at the kitchen remarks yesterday.  I told my family that I wanted a sign that says "I have a kitchen because it came with the house." I have a beautiful kitchen, but I dislike cooking.  It's a good thing that we have an open concept home.  I do enjoy the DR & the great room.

Since I didn't do anything in the house last week, I have been busy steam mopping, dusting, reading, going to the gym & hot tubbing. Still not enough hours in a day.

It's so nice to see white outside again.  It's been a good winter so far.

Yesterday was interesting with our new Subaru.  We went out & got in & it wouldn't start.  My DH didn't have the fob in his pocket.  He came back into the house and couldn't find it so we used my fob.  When we buy got back from the gym,  he found them in the couch cushion in the basement.  It fell out of his pocket.

Gas prices went down to $2.29 from $2.39.  Too bad we aren't going on a road trip until April.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde   I drove a '99 Camaro all year round from 2008 until 2011 and I never had a problem.  I inherited the car from my husband and I just did what he did which was to swap out the summer slick tires for winter tires every fall.  I'm pretty good at changing tires so it was easy.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa   Wow, it's terrible that you haven't been able to get your prescriptions straightened out for this long.  Whatever is on your 'to do' list tomorrow, just be careful out there.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   When I bought my Altima in 2017 and saw the keyless push button start I wondered what kind of security was in place to stop any run of the mill person from starting the car.  That's when I realized that the fob had to be within a certain number of feet from the car to start it.

I keep the fob in a basket on my mule chest in a room that is far enough away from the garage door (kitchen) in case (God forbid) someone get into my garage, they won't have it easy driving away in my car Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening.  Glad you didn't get too much snow, Bernie.  I'm pretty safe as far as gems go, but I ordered a 'lunchtime special" today -- it is on waitlist (faux orchid plants in ceramic pot by Valerie), but it has been on my wishlist for a while.  The price was definitely right, so I don't feel too guilty about the order.  

Like several of you, I purchased quite a bit of jewelry in the past, and don't wear it enough to purchase another piece.  

It was cold again this morning (25 or so), but made it to the upper 50's this afternoon -- that is more like it. 

DD said it was cold and rainy in Maryland, and she had quite a bad experience picking up her grocery order at Wal Mart  First, their pick-up station is not covered (ours is), and it took almost 30 minutes to get her order.  When the guy came out with the order he dropped and broke her eggs and pasta sauce.  She got very wet getting in and out of the car trying to move the glass, etc.  Then, on the way home, the back of her van opened up and the groceries fell out on the ground (the guy did not close the door properly).  Again, she had to get out and put the groceries in the van.  Fortunately, Wal Mart was very nice (and apologetic), and gave her a $50 credit.  

Do be careful Laura, Fressa, twinny, and all of you who are expecting storms and ice.  I give you a lot of credit, Laura.  Do you have osteoporosis?  I ask because I am older and thin and that is an issue for me.

Really hope you can get all of your prescriptions, Fressa.  Also hope your son does go to PT.

I think I would be pretty confused if I had that type of fob rather than a key, twinny.  I'm sure there is a learning curve.  Hope you are able to get to your infusion on Monday.

Today I went to my caregivers lunch, but did not go to the meeting.  There was going to be a substitute leader, and I haven't found the meetings to be as good when there is a substitute. 

I got a phone call from one of my friends who seems to have trouble with e-mail and phone messages.  Hopefully, we are clear on meetings, etc.

Then, I went to the gym.  One of my gym buddies told me that another section of solar panels in the Wal Mart parking lot have fallen down (probably due to the wind).  The last time this happened, it took many months for them to be repaired.  I would think that they would be stronger, but I guess not.

Hope everyone stays safe and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Good Afternoon/Evening.  Glad you didn't get too much snow, Bernie.  I'm pretty safe as far as gems go, but I ordered a 'lunchtime special" today -- it is on waitlist (faux orchid plants in ceramic pot by Valerie), but it has been on my wishlist for a while.  The price was definitely right, so I don't feel too guilty about the order.  

Like several of you, I purchased quite a bit of jewelry in the past, and don't wear it enough to purchase another piece.  

It was cold again this morning (25 or so), but made it to the upper 50's this afternoon -- that is more like it. 

DD said it was cold and rainy in Maryland, and she had quite a bad experience picking up her grocery order at Wal Mart  First, their pick-up station is not covered (ours is), and it took almost 30 minutes to get her order.  When the guy came out with the order he dropped and broke her eggs and pasta sauce.  She got very wet getting in and out of the car trying to move the glass, etc.  Then, on the way home, the back of her van opened up and the groceries fell out on the ground (the guy did not close the door properly).  Again, she had to get out and put the groceries in the van.  Fortunately, Wal Mart was very nice (and apologetic), and gave her a $50 credit.  

Do be careful Laura, Fressa, twinny, and all of you who are expecting storms and ice.  I give you a lot of credit, Laura.  Do you have osteoporosis?  I ask because I am older and thin and that is an issue for me.

Really hope you can get all of your prescriptions, Fressa.  Also hope your son does go to PT.

I think I would be pretty confused if I had that type of fob rather than a key, twinny.  I'm sure there is a learning curve.  Hope you are able to get to your infusion on Monday.

Today I went to my caregivers lunch, but did not go to the meeting.  There was going to be a substitute leader, and I haven't found the meetings to be as good when there is a substitute. 

I got a phone call from one of my friends who seems to have trouble with e-mail and phone messages.  Hopefully, we are clear on meetings, etc.

Then, I went to the gym.  One of my gym buddies told me that another section of solar panels in the Wal Mart parking lot have fallen down (probably due to the wind).  The last time this happened, it took many months for them to be repaired.  I would think that they would be stronger, but I guess not.

Hope everyone stays safe and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Linda L, there is definitely a learning curve.  The Subaru runs very quietly & last week we went to Aldi's and my DH forget to push the button off and it was running while we were grocery shopping.  Good thing that it was still there when we came out of the store.  Now I think that we have it all down pat.