Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., April 15th)

Good Morning all, we could see a rain/snow mix this morning and I can't but laugh about it.  It's not that uncommon here in Michigan. 

Linda, I've never been audited however there's a first time for everything.  Do you know how far the IRS can go back?  I only save 10 years so if they needed something before 2011 I'd be up the creek.   I'm an animal lover however if I was out walking my dog and some javelina came at my dog in a group I'd have a problem with that.

Waving hello to all who follow.  I suppose I need to get my rear in gear and head over to the grocery store while it's kind of early.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., April 15th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning!  Hope you don't have any problems with the rain/snow, Bernie.  Definitely not my kind of weather.  

I am not sure that I made it clear that this is not an IRS audit -- one by the State of Arizona.  I have never been audited by the IRS. 

But, since you asked the question, I looked it up -- according to the IRS website -- three years in most cases (three years from April 15th not from when you filed your taxes).  In some cases, it could be six years, and in rare cases, it could be as long as they like -- but I think that would be reserved for people who were involved in some very illegal stuff.  

So, I think you will be quite safe with 10 years.  What I also read (on Google) is that different States have different limits.  Some it is three years, and others longer.  Arizona is one of those States that has four years.  Since these were my 2017 taxes, I guess that it is within the normal time.  The weird thing is that my friend who was audited twice in a row had it done for her 2018 taxes last year and 2019 this year.  It seems like 2017 was so long ago.  Anyway, I am happy to have this in the hands of my CPA to handle.

I am going for a walk now, and later plan to go to the grocery stores, and do my hospice "work" this afternoon.  

Do you have one of those TSV benches?  I really like them, but they are just not practical for me.  It is just way too hot to sit on the back patio most of the year.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Just got an e-mail saying that they have received the sandals I returned.  That is a relief.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's cold and cloudy today. It looks like we're to have a cool forecast for the next five days. I'm hoping to get another burst of energy to get a few more things  checked off my list but that won't be today. LOL I have zero energy.

LindaLatte--I have 2 of the Convert A Bench. We purchased one per year the last two years. They are very comfortable and work well as a table when we're grilling outside. We only have a bistro table on the patio so trying to find a spot for everything when using the grill was problematic. This one looks like an even sturdier design. They weather well.

I had a gift card for the At Home store that I decided to use yesterday. The store had only a few customers so I was relieved. They only had about 30% inventory on the shelves. I need to replace a few tall shephards hooks and trellis in the front and back. I decided to wait another week and decide on a budget for that stuff. I did use my gift card on an outdoor statue (resin) of a sitting baby deer . I placed it inbetween the back hedges. I'm curious to see if that deters the deer from having a snack back there or not. It  was worth a try and I really liked the statue. I then discarded the standing log deer that had seen better days years ago. LOL   I'm trying to rid the place of all these well worn outside items.

Today I'm just going to declutter the 3 jumbo containers in from of the cedar closet. Hopefully that will clear enough space to I can rearrange the storage side of that office room. At least, that's how I have it pictured in my head. 

The donation truck was here and gone in under 10 minutes. I guessing that my ideal number of bags/misc is 5. That seem to work well with stacking & storing and sorting. Finally figuring out what works the best and so pleased that someone else will get some use from these items.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been sneezing so I hope it is an allergy. I've never been audited and hope I don't have to face that challenge.

I did just balance my checking account with the bank's and we agree. I guess that is a small success today.

Every year, I look at those benches and consider buying but don't. It is supposed to drop down into the 30s tonight

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Ahh thanks for clarifying Linda @LindaLatte   To be honest if it was the State of Michigan I'd be freaked out too.  If it was the Feds I'd have to lay down on the couch with a compress on my forehead  Woman Happy 

Yes I have a convert a bench.  I bought it when they offered the Sierra Timber color

Outdoor Bench Table - Convertible Bench – Convert a Bench

I'm glad they received your sandals and I'm sure the turtle that transported the box across country Woman Wink  was relieved.  

Honored Contributor

Fressa @Fressa   I have a feeling that the deer are going to see the baby deer sitting there by shrubs and take it as an invitation.