Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, October 22nd)

Good Afternoon!  Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday.  

Wish we had a nice farmer's market here, Glenda.  We have one, but it is mostly jewelry, crafts, decorations, soaps, etc. rather than local produce, meats, or eggs.  

It is a pretty warm day with a high of 84 degrees predicted.  We may have some thunderstorms later and it should be cooler tomorrow.

I caught a little of AM Style, but didn't order anything.  I am moving some of my clothes around, and I certainly don't need any more clothing or shoes.  It is difficult to resist some of the coupons/offers that I receive (like Lands End discounts and free shipping), but I need to be strong.

Jean posted on FB that she and her niece have had a very nice trip today.  Glad that worked out so well for them.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Please post if you have a chance and have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, October 22nd)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   We've had 70 degree weather since Friday and it's been good to see the sun shine after a week of dreary and overcast skies.  I ended up ordering some staples from JCP the other day - my favorite athletic pants and long sleeved tees.  I figured if I was going to spend money I might as well refresh the items that I wear all of the time (around the house).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---I've been trying to toss some of the same items that I wear all the time around the house. It seems like they get washed and put away again. A few weeks ago ..I finally figured out a different approach and now check them when they enter the laundry basket. Good thing I did----some of those seams were on their last thread of holding me in. LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--Thanks for the updates, 

We're having warm, sunny days and then it dips down to freezing at night. So far, no rain in the forecast so we hope to get the outside seasonal chores accomplished this weekend.One more week (with luck) for the grass to be protected and then the dogs will have their patio  yard back in shape. 

I caught bits and pieces of the QVC  clearance programs clicking in between movies but didn't order anything. I remind myself that I'm still decluttering and have boiler repair on Tuesday. I thought that the clearance prices were a bit high but the original prices are crazy. Of course, I have "sticker shock" over the price of dog biscuits. LOL