Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Sunday

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Just go back from breakfast with DH, so won't be eating until supper. We are have a nice day here, it is sunny and supposed to get to 60 today. Of course next week it will be cold and rainy, so have to make the best of today.

Not doing much here today, I am going over to check out the new Ulta store that just opened. I have never been in an Ulta, but I do like to go to Sephora when I am at the mall. I drove by the store the other day and it is quite large, it is in a strip mall here and they took the space of two store fronts for this store. I don't "plan" on buying anything, but we will see what "treasures" await me.

Other than that, I do have some cleaning I need to do today, I just have not been in the mood to do any cleaning for awhile. Off to start the day, hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Sunday

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Eating breakfast out sounds like a great option. I could handle a Denver omelet right now. Enjoy checking out the Ulta. We don't have one of those in the city closest to me, nor do we have a Sephora. For a Sephora, we have to go about two hours away.

It is good that I checked to see if the thread was started before I posted my verbal excess. This is what I prepared:

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day but a nippy one. When I crawled out of my nest at 7am, it was 27 degrees. It is expected to warm up to the 50s, a pleasant contrast.

Now that the weather is becoming more motivating, and I now have the HVAC installed, I'm developing the urge again to start tackling accumulations. It is getting started that is sometimes the problem.

I'm not as large now as I was last summer, so I need to see if I need new crops or can still wear the same ones despite their being a little loose. I have to loose a major amount of pounds to change a size because of my bone size. I won't go down if it results in something being skin tight and uncomfortable. That is just me and reflects my build, age and preference.

I have a friend who has recently developed a pain in her leg and has seen an orthopedic person. She has become a reclusive, babying herself and just watching TV except on work days. I called her up and told her that she had a choice. She could stay at home and feel pain or get out, enjoy the sunshine while feeling the pain. Pain is felt regardless of where one is sometimes but secluding oneself isn't always the best approach. I gave her two hours to make a decision. She called and has agreed to get out, so we will be driving an hour one way to enjoy a restaurant in that area. It is a non-stress way of getting out as there will be minimal impact on the leg.

I'll be going to the city tomorrow in the opposite direction to see my orthopedic person. Time will tell what will come out of this visit. I don't anticipate anything major. In the meantime, I think it is about time for a cortisone shot in the shoulder of my preferred arm. There is a tear in the muscle but it isn't large enough for surgery at this point.

I have a goal of delivering some items to Good Will tomorrow when I go for the appointment. This is motivation to get some sorting done after we return from the excursion to eat out today.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Glad you enjoyed your breakfast out. I know DH likes to go out to breakfast sometimes to the local place with excellent prices and good food. While I like it as well, I tend to eat healthier at home than when I go out.

It is nice and sunny here -- started in the 40's, but it is supposed to get into the 70's today and the wind should be lower as well. Enjoy cleaning (if that is possible), and your visit to Ulta. I haven't found an Ulta out here, but there are several in Maryland, including one near DD's house. In December I was able to find a Laura Geller eyeshadow there and avoided paying S&H, which was good. DD also had a coupon which made the price lower.

Hi Jean -- sounds like you are a very good friend indeed. I agree with you -- unless doing something would cause more pain, better to get out and about rather than sit and feel sad, etc. DH is sleeping way more than he should these days, and I try coming up with things to do. Even a trip to the grocery store is good to get him up and out of the house.

Good luck with your sorting. While it isn't great to need to buy new clothes when the old ones are perfectly good, it is good to be losing some weight when that is your desire. I know DD has been slowly replacing too large clothing, and it is a happy event. Her wardrobe has shrunk, however.

Best of luck at the doctor tomorrow. DH will be going to the gastroenterologist tomorrow, and I have a big day planned around the visit since the office isn't too far from Trader Joe's, etc. Hope you can get the cortisone shot before your shoulder gets too painful.

I asked DH, but he doesn't want to go to church with me today -- just wanted to try it once. Oh well.... I'm praying about it, and I know this is something he needs to decide for himself.

Other than church, I plan to go to the gym and iron. Probably also will take a walk, and I may go by the grocery store that is having a big sale on strawberries. We are having company for lunch on Wednesday, and I know (like us) they like fresh fruit.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny (sorry about Wisconsin losing the basketball game), LindaR, Marijane, Rosa, Nancy, Karen, Val, Sonya, Gayle, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Decided against the TSV yesterday since I really like to try shoes on at the least the first time I buy a particular brand/style.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I know that you have experienced it with DH but just getting out sometimes can make a big difference. It doesn't have to be a major deal but it is something to shake up the routine that people can easily find themselves sinking into. You probably made a good decision about yesterday's TSV. I personally have had success with that brand but many haven't. Going for a walk and also taking advantage of the sale on strawberries sounds great. A piece of strawberry pie would taste good right now.

I'm getting ready to go and pick up the friend now. I hope each has a great day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Rough start to the day this am. Heavy rain last night, circuit breaker wouldn't reset but o.k. now.

Nothing new here. I hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend. I think I will do some reading and a few light household tasks.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Got back from church, got the "puppy pies" picked up in the yard, the bird feeder filled (those little guys sure can eat!), and the back porch swept; I'm going to take a short nap in a little while, then take the dogs to the park and make a trip to EarthFare - it's supposed to rain later tonight and all day tomorrow so we need to get out while we can, and I have a coupon for EarthFare - $1 each for mozzarella, pizza dough, and sauce, all of which are outstandingly good and a steal at that price.

I had a nice visit with my friend last night, and the food at Red Lobster was good, but far pricier than I had expected. I did get the Lobster in Paradise, and with a drink - even after the coupon - my bill came to $27.44. I gave the waiter a $50 bill and 44¢, and he had the audacity to ask if I wanted change! {#emotions_dlg.mad} Really? He ended up with less of a tip than he would have gotten otherwise....I can't stand greedy people or those with a sense of entitlement.

Good to "see" you again, Gayle.

Jean, I'm small boned, so even 10 pounds is enough for me to drop a size. I'm going to go in search of my nightwear later today, so perhaps I'll be able to find some more things to donate....and hopefully seeing all the dozens of pair of pants that are a size too small will be an incentive to get the rest of the weight off. {#emotions_dlg.crying} Walking the dogs each day should help.

I agree it's easy to fall into a rut and not feel like doing much of anything. I have a friend whose mother died just after Christmas, and she's really depressed. I have to push her to come out and do something with me (I bribe her with home-made baked goods), and she admits she's never sorry she came out to "play."

Guess I'll have my little nap then head out; it's also litter box scrubbing day. (sigh) I hate that job, but am trying to keep things in perspective - I have 8 litter boxes, but can you imagine the job cleaning up poop that Noah had? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

GOOD afternoon. It was misting when I left for church. Been raining off and on. Dogs are all wet and smelly!!! But we do need the moisture.

I didn't see the end of the Wisconsin game--but I had it on---I thought they might pull it out. I did see the final three point shot.

It is a bit cooler today also--probably with the damp it is more apparent.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! Chilly here, we did go out looked at a couple trucks for DH, had brunch at Kayla's bar and met the new boyfriend. He was really nice and plays a really mean guitar. Stopped on the way home and got fixin's for spaghetti. Off I go!

Esteemed Contributor

I know I am checking in late, but I needed a good nap this afternoon after yesterday's activities. We went to the benefit for our little Ella--the leukemia girl. It was a wonderful event & very well attended. The parents were overwhelmed by the generosity of the entire community. I was lucky enough to purchase a few things at the silent auction. Never been to one before. There was also a regular auction, games, food everything you could imagine. Ella did 4 finger painting pictures that were framed in pink frames that were up for auction & the first one went for $198!!! The other 3 went for $125 a piece.

Susan, I love breakfast out too, but we usually do it while on vacation. There is a small restaurant about 20 miles from here that has the senior special 2 eggs, toast, hash browns & coffee for $1.95. It used to be $1.45! We have been in the 50's for two days now & it looks like spring is finally coming our direction. I did see that N. WI got about 18" of snow a couple of days ago. I am glad we live in the Southern part of the state.

Jean, I love towels too but not that much. We have 4 sets of them in each of our bathrooms. I am glad that you did get your friend out. I know I feel so much better when we get out and about for the day--or even an hour or two. I try to make my life fun and not dwell on my health issues, & believe me there were plenty of days that I could have given up. A happy face always me feel like sunshine in my life.

LL, low 70's & not much wind is my kind of weather. We had very high winds all last week, but they look to be getting better each day. I tried the orthoheel shoes on last fall at the outlet store, & they hurt my tender feet. I love shoes with memory foam in them. DH & I were hoping for a badger win too last night. Losing by one point hurt even more.

kittyfan, There is no shopping for me either in the future. I just seem to have too much stuff & don't wear out any of it as I am retired & easy on my clothes. Yes the Badger loss did "Sting." Oh, well maybe next year will be a repeat with a WIN.

RC, Do you like trying out new vehicles? DH & I plan to purchase a new Crossover in the fall, after our traveling is done. I hate going to dealerships, although the place we got our last vehicle was very nice, not too pushy, & they have a great service dept. Your outing with your parents sounded like so much fun. It was nice that you all got new things to wear. I am like you that when I am looking for something I can't find it, but if I am just browsing it just jumps right out at me. New boyfriends are always fun & being a nice one is even more fun.

hugs to all of you. Good night.