Honored Contributor

Re: Shop HQ improving? No. Just no.

All true about SHQ *up to now,* but they too have new management and have announced big changes in the works. It remains to be seen whether that comes to pass. I ain't seen nothin' much yet, but their fashion day yesterday was an improvement over their usual.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

On 10/11/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

I check Shop every day too. You can find a needle in a haystack if you regularly review their products.

I used to shop at Shop for their gold jewelry but their jewelry lines are so dumbed down now that I rarely watch. However, they do carry a couple of good gold brands and they go on sale every so often. I admit that I am a jewelry snob and I don't buy the cheesy thin lightweight gold jewelry. But I've found a number of higher priced items on clearance over the last few years that have been great buys!

I'm not fond of their bedding....to many of their sheets are poly blend and that's the last thing I need in bed. I don't like their kitchen items or food. And I hate Invicta.

I bought a really nice skirt from them last year but that's the only clothing item I've purchased.

I agree with the above poster on many points. I have made a few odd clothing purchases from them and been happy, but most of their clothing is not my style (too young and the clothing mostly seems like the disposable type that a lot of young people buy.)

Actually I have bought a few sets of their egyptian cotton sheets and have been quite happy with them. I wouldn't buy a poly blend or microfiber, which they have a lot of. Also a recent purchase is a white topaz silver ring for less than $40....I just wanted something simple and pretty and not gaudy, and so far I like it, and the price was right.

I didn't care for a skinn makeup palette I bought last year, I didn't find the quality was there. So overall its hit or miss and you have to be very selective weeding through things.

Valued Contributor

Forgot to add that I don't watch the channel, I just check online. I can't spend more than 5 minutes watching their hosts.

Valued Contributor

On 10/11/2014 NJ4Jays said:
On 10/11/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 10/11/2014 NJ4Jays said:
On 10/11/2014 kittymomNC said:

I know that a lot of people apparently are liking some of what they see on ShopHQ, but I've flipped over there from time to time, and I've had it on quite a bit since last night and I'm sorry to say, I haven't been at all impressed. A couple of things looked kind of cute, like the quilted faux leather moto jacket, but when a couple of the models were shown up close at various times, I could see how one of the front zippers did not run down in a straight line. It was almost as though it had been sewn in while stretching the fabric and it bunched up all the way down. I could never wear it if I got one that looked like that.

They had a "runway show" last night, and I was thoroughly confused as to who was the host and who was the vendor at first - and they didn't show the garment on the rack and give colors at first ... they just sort of meandered up to the runway and got up with the models and started talking about colors, etc. It just seemed very unorganized in the presentations, and the hosts are not as professional as I think they are on QVC and HSN. Neither are the models.

I'm sure they have some nice things, but it's too hard for me to discern what is what. Some of it just looked a little cheap and what I could get for less than $20 in a B&M store. But I'm willing to keep an open mind, continue to watch from time to time (especially if QVC keeps its programming the way it's looking to be between now and Christmas), and just see what develops. They deserve a chance....

I was thinking the same thing they were all over the place, and they barely showed the items and no details it was a disaster, I dont think carson feels good about leaving qvc, this place definitely runs very smoothly, they are horrible and the quality rivals wal mart no hope

I'm just curious, did you change your mind after posting this thread? Had you ever watched ShopHQ before?

Ladies be aware that today is fashion all day on shop hq and all shipping is $2.99 or free!!! they have Carson Kressely and Marc bouwer today as well as some other pretty good ones take a look it's worth it

QVC you better rethink cutting all the fashion days they are gaining on you we dont need holiday gifts for 3 months

{#emotions_dlg.wub} Shop away fashionista's

enjoy

I was enlightening all the fashionistas to a day of fashion, personally I dont shop there and I watched their version of fashion day yesterday and was not impressed at all .

Yet you told people to check it out because "it's worth it." Pretty disingenuous thing to do.
Honored Contributor

I purchased a few items from their FD. If I don't like them, I will return them. I've had about the same luck with their fashions as I've had with QVC, HSN or even B&M stores. Some items are nice, some are duds. Sizing is fine on some items and sizing is off on other items.

I do find the models to be pretty horrible to the point that IMO they are actually distracting. There is one that bounces continuously as she is modeling. I don't know why they think this is okay but she's been bouncing since she's been there and they don't tell her to stop.

The top value jacket looked extremely cheap to me. I noticed immediately that the zippers didn't seem straight when they were zipping each side up the jacket.

Super Contributor

On 10/11/2014 stevieb said:

Personally, judging from my take on all three of the home TV shopping networks combined, I think the whole genre has hit the skids... I do see the other two at least making an effort, but this one, once the jewel in the crown, just gets worse and worse, and while the others appear to be trying, their efforts aren't in the least bit thrilling...

AGREE !!!! i think you are onto something here.......none of the three Shopping Channels are interesting anymore....or maybe its just not interesting to me anymore??? not sure....but I feel the trend is taking a nosedive......possibly, online will be the way exclusively!!!

Honored Contributor

I agree with some of the comments about their models! We are very very spoiled with such good models at QVC, they are attractive know how to model plus they have personalities. Shophq models do not seem very professional to me at all and they do not show off the clothing very well, yet I have purchased some tops from Shophq and they are super cute and fit great......They definitely need some improvement in the models for clothing and a little more structure in their fashion shows. Even HSN has nice models but to me no one can compare the models at QVC-they are top notch and on top of their game!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 10/11/2014 LisaB said: I think you ladies are too hard. They have some truly pleasant hosts.

I think so too, with the exception of Alison Waggoner, I like most of their hosts! They definitely let their vendors talk!

Respected Contributor

I have bought a few of the Margie items, especially lamps, very nice and great prices. Also one of the cosmetic lines; they carry so many it's hard to keep up. Bedding is not good either, and their clothing and presentations of are a big zero in my opinion. The few I have ordered are cheap quality; even when it was a higher priced item. I agree that the so called models are not good. Do miss Pam McCoy; I would rather pay more and get quality.

To add to this, you have to pay for shipping both ways if you return something and they are not nearly as accommodating as QVC or even HSN..

I can hardly understand the host Lynn as she mumbles and one of the other hosts is over the top with her screaming.

Contributor

One world is a very beautiful line of clothes. Every time I wear one I get compliments from complete strangers even. Their jewelry is great, sheets are comfortable, their Tiffany style lighting is beyond gorgeous and the window panels too. Their prices are really low and half the time every thing is on value pays and free shipping. I personally love the channel

BTW their host are down to earth and I think they are better than QVC's.