Trusted Contributor

Re: Shoe Shopping with Grandma, I mean Jayne~

On 4/17/2014 sparklestar said:
On 4/17/2014 maisysiobhan said:

Jane seems like a happy, gracious lady.

If you want to start a thread, clearly designed more to be nasty about a Host, than a product, there are worse things to be called than Grandma.

Yes Jane does seem happy and gracious. I enjoy her presentations. I may not care for the shoe selection, but that is no reason to take shots at Jane. However, the OP seems to think she's quite the fashion "expert" around here (if you've read a number of her posts).

OH my GOSH! I did NOT take "shots" at Jane Tracey, I have "Grandma" in the title to refer to the SHOES NOT JANE. You misconstrued what I was trying to convey, plus I do like Jane (sorry misspelled Jane as Jayne). Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

On 4/18/2014 birkin baby said:

If you want to start a thread, clearly designed more to be nasty about a Host, than a product, there are worse things to be called than Grandma.

I see the post title is a humorous way to call the SHOES matronly...not Jane. Clearly we all don't have the same sense of humor;but everything is not always a host bash. The show title could be "Shoe Shopping with Alberti" and it would be funny to switch to Grandpa...because clearly he is not; but the shoes give off an older vibe. It's funny....to me.

Thank you Birken Baby. I couldn't have said it better!

Valued Contributor

On 4/18/2014 brunette8706 said:
On 4/17/2014 sparklestar said:

Yes Jane does seem happy and gracious. I enjoy her presentations. I may not care for the shoe selection, but that is no reason to take shots at Jane. However, the OP seems to think she's quite the fashion "expert" around here (if you've read a number of her posts).

OH my GOSH! I did NOT take "shots" at Jane Tracey, I have "Grandma" in the title to refer to the SHOES NOT JANE. You misconstrued what I was trying to convey, plus I do like Jane (sorry misspelled Jane as Jayne). Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. Thanks!

I agree. Sometimes I feel bad for these hosts who have to sell the same items all the time and make them sound fashionable. Yes, there is an audience for people who want comfort shoes and basic pieces of clothing, but there are also many of us who would like more stylish and on trend pieces. I am obsessed with shoes, but don't watch any shoe shows on QVC, it's a waste of time! Same reason I stopped watching PM "style"

Honored Contributor

On 4/17/2014 brunette8706 said:

Is this the BEST OF THE BEST when it comes to the QVC shoes??????????

ahhhh..... yeahhhhhh. If the products don't appeal to you, you are free to shop elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

They often put Jane's shoe show on the same day as Leah's shoe show. When this happens, I notice that Leah often has the heels or updated looks as opposed to Jane's inventory. It's like someone behind the scenes is placing the "grandma" shoes in Jane's show while Leah gets the rest. I think Jane needs to get in there and fight for some new inventory!

Trusted Contributor

I think the SSwJ shows are the TV shopping equivalent of the Footsmart catalogue! Orthopedic comfort shoes for mature ladies with foot problems. Apparently QVC has a big customer base in this demographic. The shoes are selling and the shows are popular, so methinks they're meeting a need. Sorry if this isn't what some customers are looking for......

Respected Contributor

Kinda mean but its true. None of the shoes are up my alley.

Honored Contributor

That's not very nice to call Jane Grandma. QVC's main audience is definitely over 50 yrs. old. Most women want comfort @ this stage in the game. I did not see this particular show but I am not looking for 3, 4 or 5 in. heels.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Kind of unfair to blame Jane for QVC's obsession with frumpy shoes.

Regular Contributor

I can read and understand what is put in front of me, and the thread's title does indeed slam Jane to a certain extent. The brashness and audacity shown by so many of those who are critical of the shoes, and other offerings as well, are off the chart. It is interesting that they are, evidently, fashion experts with exquisite taste but when asked directly what they wear or would like to see offered, either don't answer or post items that are often so, shall we say, "unique", as to be far, far from anything a company would offer in volume if it wanted to make money...no matter who it's target audience is!