Respected Contributor

Re: Shoe Policy on HSN compared to QVC

I have bought so many shoes that felt great at the store and at home but then I went shopping or to work.  Then I got blister or just pain.   I have paid more to buy shoes from qvc just because I could return them.   

Respected Contributor

i never order shoes online although i have been tempted!  but my feet are hard to fit.

i do think the return policies are VERY generous nowadays. many years ago i purchase a pair of pumps at a "local yokel" store and wore them for a while on the carpet at home.  they were too big and my heel slipped.  well the store owner grilled me when i returned them. i went around and around with him over these shoes! and i don't know how he could tell i had worn them on the carpet! for maybe 20 minutes!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy Sporto boots from HSN and can tell whether they fit immediately.  I have a wide foot, so fit has been an issue for me all my life.  If I thought they fit and then had a problem with them, I would return them and you can bet your life I'd get a refund.  God help the person who tried to deny me my refund.  If the shoes seem okay but then have a structural problem when you wear them, return them and then argue until they give you the refund you are due.  I always wear my shoes indoors to try them out, but the customer should not be out of pocket if this good-faith test drive proves not to be enough. 

I just keep complaining until I am treated fairly.  I start out being nice, but if I am dealing with someone who will not be fair, I say to myself "It's Leona Helmsley time," and off we go.  I always get my way because I never insist unless I know I am right.

Honored Contributor

I thought that with brands that QVC doesn't own, returns go back to the vendor, not QVC?

I have heard a vendor on HSN say that he gets all the returns back.  It's on him, not HSN.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it is totally a reasonable request.  One should wear them at home or try them on and then send back.  

I would never send back worn shoes unless they truly hurt my feet terribly after walking on them.  I don't have problem feet so most shoes fit me unless they are wides.

I don't fault HSN for suggesting what they do. 

But, these shopping channels...especially QVC...cover their losses with returns.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

This is a nice policy that QVC has. Sometimes the shoe feels comfortable when you try it on, but after wearing it for a day, begins to hurt your foot. LL Bean has this same policy. These are such high volume sellers, that it seems they can afford to take the loss. I believe they sell the used shoes, but don't sell them as new. They're sold as "as is" or in the employee store. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love shoes, but I've resolved not to spend another $l2. to try on another pair. Just paid it with Ryka, and I used to count on their size. All of their brands are too inaccurate in sizes to include Clark. One brand, one style, different sizes. Forget about it. It's ridiculous to pay $l2. to find they don't fit. I used to buy shoes and everything fit. They're costing themselves business with extreme S&H policy.

Respected Contributor

A friend of mine used to work in the shoe dept at Dillards and told me they take back shoes without stipulation  because they send them to a leather lab where shoes and handbags as well are completely reconditioned to brand new status.  You'd never know they were all broken in.  They turn around and sell them again as brand new shoes.  

Honored Contributor

There  is no way I can know if a pair of shoes is going to be comfortable UNLESS I wear them out doing the things I do for hours at a time... shopping, etc. You do not walk the same in the house as you do when say you are pushing a shopping cart  to the car or walking in Costco.

When I buy shoes from say Zappo on line, I know their policy is to return only unworn shoes... so I only buy if I choose to take  that  risk. Otherwise I make sure that the store I buy from allows returns with shoes that have had some mileage on them, that I know that sending back worn outside shoes if needed is accepted.  A consumer needs to know and understand a stores return policy before shopping. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know of any B&M store or on-line shopping site, except a shopping channel, that would take back worn, used shoes.