Honored Contributor

Re: Shoe Policy on HSN compared to QVC

@Karnerblue wrote:

@Alexa6352 how would you like to receive a pair of shoes that someone else wore outside and then returned them????

I did from 6PM.  Someone put their nasty old shoes in the box and kept the new ones.  Apparently no one in returns looked in the box and the box was returned to stock.

I had a tough time trying to convince CS that I was not the one wanting to return my used shoes. This was before 6PM had free shipping.  I paid to have the shoes sent to me and they wanted me to pay the return fee. 

Respected Contributor

I think it's a shame that people have to be told this.  You should never return merchandise that is in such shape it cannot be resold, unless it is defective.  I am capable of figuring out if a shoe is simply a little snug or if it is clearly the wrong size. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can tell when I get shoes from trying on one shoe whether it fits or not. If one doesn't fit, I'm not interested in the other. 

I wouldn't wear shoes for a day and return; I wouldn't wear anything for a day and return. When I receive something, I try it on, just like in a B&M dressing room, and either purchase or not. I wouldn't abuse something in the dressing room and I wouldn't abuse it at home. 

I think this "issue" is why there are so many letters sent out, more than how many returns. 

Valued Contributor

I have tried shoes on and they have felt fine, but after wearing them and being on my feet all day, I would have liked to have returned them to the store where I bought them, but ended up donating them instead. You can't always tell how a shoe will wear just by trying it on for a few minutes.

However, most brick and mortar stores do not let you return clothes or shoes that you have worn, even around the house. QVC's very liberal return policy is one of the reasons we pay such outrageous shipping and return costs. You can't have everything.

Honored Contributor

HSN does not stick to this policy.  Lynn is the only host that continually says this.  None of the other hosts do.   I think it's a reasonable request.  I have brought brand new shoes to work and worn them on our carpeted floors fora little bit to try them out and make sure everything is okay.  I'd not wear shoes for 30 days and then decide I didn't like them and return them.

I have heard hosts on QVC say the same thing but again, it's not in their written return policy and they don't stick to it.

They also were more vocal this year during Shoes on Sale about not returning shoes that you buy that night for charity.  But they still take back returns.  

Respected Contributor

I bought a beautiful pair of pumps from Nordies about 3 years ago.  I only wore them at work on carpet for about an hour before I knew they wouldn't work.  (Good thing I had a back up pair with me, because I couldn't get them off fast enough.)  I meant to return them, never did.  Stupid me!  But yes, sometimes you just don't know at first if they'll work out or not. 

Respected Contributor

I would never wear a pair of shoes only in my home, or outside, for 30 days and return -- NEVER!

I can tell within the first 60 seconds if they will work, or not.  

However, I don't order shoes from shopping channels.  It's just like clothing, there's too much sizing inconsistency. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

If the Q is truly accepting clearly worn shoes how do they cover the loss? It doesn't sound reasonable.

Oh, let me assure you...they "cover their loss".  They charge a lot for other items and they charge outrageous amounts for some s/h.  The Q couldn't pay hosts the way they do if they didn't "cover their losses" EASILY.  Shawn buys shoes close to $1000.  She's making some major bank as are most of the others.    The Q can afford to pay them major bank due to how easily they "cover their losses" with returns.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

In addition to what has been said earlier, I also think they must donate a lot.  They'd get a tax credit for it.

Regular Contributor

I think that the QVC policy regarding shoes is very good and actually one of the only reasons why I would consider buying shoes fromQVC.  I always look at the other on line shoe company's and most of the time I find the same shoes much cheaper and with free shipping.  Once I bought a pair of clarks from Amazon for $100.00 cheaper than QVC.  But, I think it's great that we can wear a pair of shoes from QVC for a while because sometimes you have to wear it out to really know how comfortable a shoe really is.  I think QVC is the only place I know that will allow this and probably one of  the only reasons why someone might consider buying here instead of other less expensive places. I just hate the return shipping!  It's so expensive now.