Honored Contributor

I won't buy a jacket that hasn't pockets. I keep my keys in one and my readers in the other. Now it seems designers are making their pockets scimpy things perhaps to cut costs. What happens is that these shallow pockets eject my readers when I sit down. 

In my car they may travel under the seat or into the back floor area, even worse, they get lost under the car when entering or exiting it, never to be seen again.

Are shallow pockets an issue for others or just for me?

Honored Contributor

Yes, I use my pockets to slip my iPhone into and get very frustrated when it dumps on the floor....  Pocket size and shape are important to me.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I had a couple pr of DG2 jeans like that, and I hated them.  I notice the new ones aren't like that...she probably got too many complaints

Honored Contributor
I want normal size pockets, whether it be jackets, jeans or dress pants. What is the point in a pocket that won't hold anything anyway? It's a pet peeve of mine.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I keep my phone in a pocket on the outside of my purse so I really don't care one way or another about pockets on my clothes.

Honored Contributor

We have over 90 different allergens in the mountains of W NC.  I need a pocket so I can carry a box of tissues!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like to be at least able to slip a tissue in my pocket, and sometimes a  pill  ,for if I might need it.. With those pockest it is impossible

Honored Contributor

Yes! I agree with the annoyance with the shallow pockets.

I think about this too as things fall out, esp. shallow coat pockets!

I mean, why even make a pocket if it doesn't hold things?

And I realized, what they call pork chop pockets, the slanted kind supposedly to not add width, are the ones we find so often on clothing and they are the ones that have things fall out the most!

I appreciate it so much when there is a good substantial pocket on something.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Shallow Pockets

[ Edited ]

There is a safety reason i keep my keys in my pocket. Suppose someone grabs my bag, purse snatching is common, they would get some cash, credit cards I can report, my home address but they would not get entry into my home or be able to steal my car.

I also won't be stranded in a parking lot locked out of my car. 

Trusted Contributor

I also love jackets with pockets that zip.   They give me extra security for my readers and sometimes my keys!Woman Wink