Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day at A Time (Thursday, Feb. 8th)

Good Morning, Ladies!  I saw on the internet that DD's area is facing more ice this morning (things froze up overnight), and the community college will be opening late.  Hope that the weather improves there and for all who suffered through bad weather yesterday. 

Again, we are expecting warmer than normal weather today -- should reach the upper 70's.  I think it is expected to return to more normal temperatures next week, when highs will "only" be in the low 60's.  We do need rain -- hope that is in the cards.

DH was doing okay yesterday -- very sleepy again, and I "treated" his eyes.  They didn't seem to bother him while I was there -- thank goodness.  

Definitely no TSV for me today.  Even at the height of my spending, I would have never purchased something that expensive.  The rings are very nice, however.  I'm pretty good at resisting jewelry of all sorts since I already have plenty.  My weaknesses are more in clothes, shoes, household stuff, etc.  I was congratulating myself on no clothing/shoe, etc. purchases this month when I realized it has only been a week.  LOL  As we say, one day at a time.  I saw that there will be a Kipling purse TSV soon, and that one (not a need at all) may be the biggest test so far.

I plan to go to the gym this morning and visit DH this afternoon.  The hospice nurse should be there as well.

Glad your trip into work was worth it yesterday, Bernie. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day at A Time (Thursday, Feb. 8th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  I do want your weather so bad.  We woke up to icy conditions here also.  I just looked out and it is starting to melt.  I do have to say they have done a wonderful job with our roads this year.

Hope DH has a good day for you.  I also like the TSV, but no, I am not buying.  I have enough here to last me.  

I do have to tell my heart is breaking today.  I had to put my furbaby down this morning.  Her arthritis was so bad she was having a terrible time getting up and walking.  It seems so empty here now. 

Well off to do something here.

Have a good morning everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry about your furbaby, Susan.  You did the right thing, but I know it is painful beyond belief.  Sending you cyber hugs and sincere condolences.

Honored Contributor

@PAlady I’m sorry about your fur baby but I feel you did the right thing. Babies are suffering when it hurts to stand up, walk, lay down. Take care.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for starting the thread @LindaLatte  Your post me me look at the home page - yea, my engagement and wedding bands combined didn't cost that much as much as the really expensive TSV option.  Then again, I wanted simple rings that could go on and stay on, whether I was washing dishes or doing the yard work, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@PAlady  Oh no, Susan I am so heartbroken for you.  

Image result for condolence loss of dog

Trusted Contributor

OH  Susan I am so sorry about your fur baby.....it is so heartbreaking.....you did the right thing releasing her of her pain.........but I know the pain you suffer......hugs!      I think you had her only for a few years??....but they were the best  years of her life.  Marijane.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for your wishes.  It has been very quiet around here today.

Marijane - Yes, we only had her for a few years.  She was 10 1/2 years old when we adopted her.  She had been surrendered because her family was moving.  Not sure if that was true, but they gave up a wonderful dog.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan @PAlady  I know this is little comfort today, however I commend you for opening your heart and home to a senior dog.  In this day and age of the search for new, pristine and perfect, you did something  quite remarkable.  When she was most vulnerable and didn't understand why she was being discarded by her original family, you showed her that she was not inconvenient, was worthy and deserving of love and could be cherished by another family.

You will be blessed for the action you took then and then action you took today. 

Trusted Contributor

Bernie.....that is a beautiful comment.