Respected Contributor

Not sure why but this word grates on my ears. Guess we'll be hearing the term until spring fashions come on.

Respected Contributor

What the heck is that .. guess that's what comes from watching

on mute .....

Esteemed Contributor

It's an oversized shirt/jacket, i.e., shacket. I bought one. It's big, slouchy, fits over anything, and is great when you run out the door on a chilly day. On the other hand, I wouldn't wear it to places where I want to look my best, even casually.

Honored Contributor

I've worn almost all my button front shirts as "shackets" at one time or another - depending on the season and the shirt. - for years.

It's quite common around here (NYC).  

Honored Contributor
  1. This one by Laurie Felt looks great worn open over my silky black turtleneck.

Laurie Felt Printed Woven Blouse with Tie - A372258

---------------------------------------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I've worn almost all my button front shirts as "shackets" at one time or another - depending on the season and the shirt. - for years.

It's quite common around here (NYC).  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   Hate the word, but I have also worn my blouses shacket-style for years.   

Honored Contributor

I've seen women wearing big shirts open as jackets for a long time. I see it a lot in warmer weather over tank tops. I think it looks fine with slimmer bottoms. It's not a style I wear though. 

Honored Contributor

Often I don't like some of the new names given to clothing, but think this one is clever.

Its a combo shirt and a jacket.  Designed to look like a shirt, but made from a heavier material.  Usually a little oversized.  

A478354
Bernie Plaid Wool Shacket
Title says it's wool, description says 100% polyester.  

Honored Contributor

another stupid term, like shooties and jeggings------pa-leezzz!!!

Honored Contributor

I agree it's a silly word.  Too lazy to say shirt-jacket, I guess.  Not a word I'll be using.

To me, it's either a shirt or a jacket.