Honored Contributor

Big Trend - Flare or Wide Leg Jeans

Some are quite expensive but there are others that are reasonable.  I found this Split Wide Leg Jeans @ Nordstrom by BP for $39 (the lowest price around as far as I know).  See picture below.  The Flares are more like bell bottoms.

BP. Split Wide Leg Jeans, Main, color, BLUE MED VINTAGE WASH

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Big Trend - Flare or Wide Leg Jeans

This is a trend from the past that comes and goes every so often, but it's not always in style. This is one I don't fall for. 

I choose designs that do become trendy but are always in style.  

We had some always in style the past few years.  Blazers, plaids, loafers, trench coats, western style boots, below the knee coats, to name a few.    

Super Contributor

Speaking as someone who grew up in the 1970's, I'll pass!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I love this style. I unfortunately missed it the first time around so I'm glad to see it back. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh sure!

I know that look, and it looked good on me & many others about 50 years ago.

Skinny tops with loose bottoms ...*sigh*

The most comfortable jeans I ever wore were lightweight denim, fitted from waistband through the bottom of the gluteous max, then wide cut legs straight down so there was no bottom flare, and no binding whatsoever at the hip or leg joints. 

Loved those pants.

@GenXmuse , if you're going to go for it, you'll look best with shoes that have a thicker sole to boost your height. Otherwise there's an optional illusion with wide legged pants that can make you look shorter. 50 years ago platform shoes were in style at the same time as this cut of pant leg.

Respected Contributor

I love wide leg pants.
Honored Contributor

I like them but I already own a pair like that except mine don't have the slit.  I really love that we can have a wardrobe of a jeans in all the various styles.  

Respected Contributor

"Every thing old is new again"

No, already did that.

Honored Contributor

Those are more of a "stove pipe".  A "bell bottom" comes in at the knee then back out to form almost a triangle.

Pull On Flare Jeans

Esteemed Contributor

Been there, done that. Some are cute, but not for me any more. Watching an old "Monk" show last night, one of the characters had on nifty studded bell bottoms. Loved them.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt