Contributor

Thanks so much for the tip, MK. I ordered the 6 issues, a great value. Now I just need to remember to be on the lookout for the auto renewal notice!

Valued Contributor

Re: September Vogue

[ Edited ]

I have always subscribed to Vogue - for years and years and years now. But the online deal at Vogue.com is the best. It includes the fashionista's vital "biggest deal of the year" September issue plus 5 more issues and a bag. All for just $6.

Try doing THAT at your airport gift shop.lol

And I'd prefer dealing with Vogue about their subscriptions rather than Amazon, personally.

I always deal directly with Vanity Fair, too. Their customer service is actually pretty good should an issue go missing or its time to renew.

PS) And Beyonce is only the 3rd black female to grace the SEPTEMBER cover (the most desired, important issue of the whole year). She follows Naomi Campbell and Halle Berry in the honors.

Frequent Contributor

@surfk Thanks for the infor on the bag- the Vogue website mentioned a gift- but I could not see what it was! 

Esteemed Contributor

Why am I not seeing this $6.00 deal on vogue.com? This is the only offer I could find on that site:

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 7.28.47 AM.png

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor
Honored Contributor

You all just cost me a lot of money! 

I not only ordered the Vogue issue from amazon, but bought several September issues (Bazaar, Vanity Fair, InStyle, etc.) from the newstands.  And I haven't bought these in years.

You have all inspired me.   

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Ordered it from Amazon on Friday after reading this thread, just came in the mail. (???)  Sitting in bed tonight with a glass of Simi Landslide (Cabernet) and drooling, sweet drooling.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Super Contributor

Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

The packaging was incredible.  (And I haven't even begun to look through the oh-so-large issue.)

A sturdy box, a well-fitting lid, the lid secured with two round pieces of a clear stick-on patch, plus a semi-opaque "letter" to the purchaser to explain Vogue and encourage a subscription.  Very classy and more than I was expecting.

So, any ideas for how to use the nice box?  Other than to use for a Christmas present?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

The packaging was incredible.  (And I haven't even begun to look through the oh-so-large issue.)

A sturdy box, a well-fitting lid, the lid secured with two round pieces of a clear stick-on patch, plus a semi-opaque "letter" to the purchaser to explain Vogue and encourage a subscription.  Very classy and more than I was expecting.

So, any ideas for how to use the nice box?  Other than to use for a Christmas present?

An awesome box that can be re-used makes me happy! Cat Very Happy

Like to (selfishly, LOL) store some of your favorite things in it.

If you wish, you could even line the box with with a layer or two of colorful tissue paper.

Then put in the things you like to look at/feel/touch every now and then. 8)