Honored Contributor

Regarding the selection of boots/shoes during this past y...

@Brigitta Regarding the selection of boots/shoes during this past year:  There has been a trend for lug soles and heavy clunky chunky design.  Sneakers, flats, boots have all trended towards this look.  Perhaps this is why you are disappointed.  I'm also finding I'm spending about twice as much as I used to on my shoes.  

You mentioned a budget.  You might want to vigilantly check the Internet for comparison pricing when you find a style that you like.  Watch for sales, check out 6PM, Nordstrom's rack, Macy sales, and I have purchased from Amazon.  Also some of the brands that I buy will infrequently have sales, so I frequent their websites so I won't miss an opportunity.  Costco recently sold Uggs and I've seen Birkenstock's at Sam's Club....so treasures show up in unexpected places.

Wishing you the best!

Honored Contributor

Re: Selection of shoes and boots this year

The Earth and Earthies division of Earth Footwear was always better than the QVC cheapo Earth Origins line.

That being said, they no longer seem to make anything (or much of anything) that doesn't have an athletic vibe to it.  I haven't bought anything Earth in the past couple of years.  Even the sandals have rubber sneaker soles.  Disappointing if you were fond of what they used to offer.