Trusted Contributor

Re: See You in September Wearing Linea!

Dipping my toe in Instagram. Just posted a photo of me wearing royal blue/black Mark Zunino tunic and Linea silver fish pendant. It's morganjen1962.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

It's still warm in Colorado...Wearing the Linea black tunic over a long black/white medallion print skirt (Black/White Market) and black t-strap sandals. Black watch, pearl drop earrings and silver pendant. Black patent Kate Spade tote.

Next week, after my guests leave, our weather gets cooler and I'm breaking out my new Linea. Can't wait!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It has been a day of deep sadness (the death of Joan Rivers) and great euphoria. Lots of strong emotions. Perhaps that is why I wore the olive cheetah print top and truffle skirt to a special event tonight. Yes, it was 90 degrees when I headed off to the event after work (after first stopping at home to change), but the cheetah signaled that I was in a rare mood.

Attended a special 50th anniversary screening of the newly remastered film Zorba the Greek. It was shown in the D.C. metro area's Angelika Film Center. Of course, seeing the robust and vibrant Nikos Kazantzakis character brought to life by the incredible Anthony Quinn was so life-affirming, but what made the evening so special was the presence of Quinn's widow (his third wife), Kathy. What a lovely human being -- inside and out. There was a reception following the screening, and I was able to talk with her at length. And yes, he was as dynamic as he appeared on the screen. She said every day was a surprise.

I never knew that he studied under Frank Lloyd Wright and was very gifted artistically (Picasso-like work).

Kathy Quinn has established a foundation to recognize emergent artistic talent (music, graphic arts, etc.). She really loved her husband and honors him with the work of the foundation.

Anyway, my feelings were all scrambled tonight. Strange the way I have been affected by the death of Joan Rivers.

ETA: For those of a certain age who saw Zorba when it was first released, here is an interesting but sad aside that I learned from Kathy Quinn last night. In the scene where Anthony Quinn and Alan Bates are sailing to the island of Crete, and Bates asks Quinn if he has ever been married, Quinn responds something to the effect: Wife, kids, "the full catastrophe." He mentions, I think in this scene, that he lost his first-born, a son, who was three years old. Kathy Q. said that this had actually happened to A. Quinn in real life. First-born, son, three years old -- and that was the reason the scene was so tender to view. (This must have been a child from his first marriage to Katherine DeMille, Cecil Demille's daughter.)

Honored Contributor

Loved your post Goldie76, the behind the scenes stories to various films are sometimes as interesting as the films themselves.

Hot day again here on LI-- wearing the purple tank (A199858) with the hot pink Erika capri pants and black sandals (Naturalizer Tanner style).

Linea by Louis DellOlio Knit Tank with Pleated Front Detail

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Loved your post Goldie76, the behind the scenes stories to various films are sometimes as interesting as the films themselves.

Hot day again here on LI-- wearing the purple tank (A199858) with the hot pink Erika capri pants and black sandals (Naturalizer Tanner style).

Linea by Louis DellOlio Knit Tank with Pleated Front Detail

Thank you, JJM. I also learned that Quinn ended up fronting the film. The backers (I think they were European) pulled out at the last moment, but the cast and crew were in Europe. Quinn called then-20th Century Fox head Darryl F. Zanuck (don't feel like checking, but I think "F" was his middle initial. I left off Cecil B. Demille's "B" this morning because I was hurried. Anyway, he begged Zanuck to put up the $750,000 and take it from him (Quinn). Thankfully, Zanuck agreed. Kathy Q. reminded us how difficult it was to make calls between the U.S. and Europe at that time. I remember...

And, your outfit is snazzy, jazzy.

Respected Contributor

Still nursing my ankle, but it seems better (some slight bruising and swelling still). I'm wearing the Linea crop leggings in brown with a Chico's tribal print short-sleeve top in shades of cream and brown. It's surprising how many of my Chico's tops (that I've had for a long time) can be worn with Linea bottoms.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Knit Pull-On Crop Leggings

Honored Contributor

No Linea all week. Today a trip to Costco and library. LDO aqua jean jacket (sure wish it had pockets), striped cotton t-shirt in navy and aqua, navy jeans, aqua espadrilles, straw-like purse, white ceramic watch, three gold bangles, large gold hoop earrings, tricolor rings.

Respected Contributor

Well, it's still hot and muggy here in Western New England--at least sporadically---and today is one of those days.

Today I wore the Linea Feather Jersey Pencil Skirt in Flamingo (not ready for my Fall colors for two more weeks) and I paired it with the the Linea Feather Jersey Tank in Smoke.

I wore "Me Too" Gunmetal Gladiator Wedge Sandals with a Bruce Makowsky Gunmetal Leather Tote.

I popped on Judith Ripka jewelry (rings earrings necklace) and Ripka watch and a Michael Dawkins Bracelet: Silver Necklace with White, Grey and Black Dangle Pearls; White Mabe Pearl Ring, Domed Silver Ring w/DQ, Silver Watch w/DQ Bezel, Drop Black Peal Earrings and a Multi-strand Silver Bracelet with White and Grey Pearls.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Feather Jersey Pull-on Skirt w/ Side Slit

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Sheesh said:

Well, it's still hot and muggy here in Western New England--at least sporadically---and today is one of those days.

Today I wore the Linea Feather Jersey Pencil Skirt in Flamingo (not ready for my Fall colors for two more weeks) and I paired it with the the Linea Feather Jersey Tank in Smoke.

I wore "Me Too" Gunmetal Gladiator Wedge Sandals with a Bruce Makowsky Gunmetal Leather Tote.

I popped on Judith Ripka jewelry (rings earrings necklace) and Ripka watch and a Michael Dawkins Bracelet: Silver Necklace with White, Grey and Black Dangle Pearls; White Mabe Pearl Ring, Domed Silver Ring w/DQ, Silver Watch w/DQ Bezel, Drop Black Peal Earrings and a Multi-strand Silver Bracelet with White and Grey Pearls.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Feather Jersey Pull-on Skirt w/ Side Slit

Pretty combo Sheesh! Love Pink with Grey. . .especially this time of year.

Your jewelry sounds fabulous!

are these your sandals? I like very much. . .

Honored Contributor

No, Linea today but wearing a JCP Worthington scoop neck cap sleeve brown, white and black print top over Erika mushroom colored capris with Naturalizer Tanner black sandals.

Jewelry by Monet -- earrings and pendant.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼