Trusted Contributor

I don't know what season I am? I look good in camel, raspberry, blue-greens, rich navy. Black, white and brown don't flatter at all. Mustard looks terrible as well. Certain greens are flattering especially mid-tones. My eyes are hazel brown/green gold. So I think I'm a "warm". A warm what I don't know. TIA Magpie

Trusted Contributor

Anybody???

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on whether your skin undertones are pink (cool) or yellow (warm). Mine are pink, so l look good in the cool tones: rose, purple, blue and grey, and jewel tones.

Warm skin tones look good in earth tones, cream, coral, and olive.

You might find this link helpful: 

http://www.thelist.com/20621/best-clothing-colors-skin-tone/

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Frequent Contributor

If possible, get the book COLOR Wonderful by Joanne Nicholson.  Amazon has it for $1.35 in paperback, with pictures.  She does not go by seasons, but goes by skin tones, and explains in the book.  This book has been my color and fashion bible since it came out, in 1986.  I go by no other.  I have brown hair, brown/green eyes and a rather rosy skin tone.  I am a Muted.  I can not wear black and white, or brown and white or navy and white.  They have too much contrast for me and over power me.  If you can find a consultant that follows this type, you will get a color chart to go by.  If not, the book is very informative.

Trusted Contributor

Although my eyes and hair are "warm" my skin has some pink or peach as I would call it.

Honored Contributor

Hi, @Allthingsgirly67, I color coded all of my Interior Design students.  I am a light winter (a dark winter is Elizabeth Taylor).  I'm a true ashe blonde with no red in my hair.  The rim of my eyes is dark gray and I am dark hazel.  

What was the true color of your hair as a child, without the sun, unless the sun turned it brassy?

What color is the rim of your eye as well as the rest when you concentrate in a magnifying mirror?

When you speak of the greens you look good in, can you be more specific?  Is the green in a box of crayons good?  What about true red?

Have you seen our pictures in outfit Of The Day and Good Jeans by southflordia 321?  

Is your coloring like any of us?

Trusted Contributor

When looking at my eyes up close they look greenish gold. My hair as a child was medium dark brown with red highlights. Peachy skin tone-use foundation that leans pink. lt-medium skin tone.

Honored Contributor

A Summer, like me.  Carol(e) Jackson, did Color Me Beautiful book. See if you can get it from Amazon.  I have my own color swatches.

Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67

Is your skin undertone coloring like this woman (subtle yellow undertones).

You'll notice her colors have a slight yellow undertone.  Look especially at her green.  How do you look in her colors?

Image result for carole jacksons example of spring coloring

Or this complection?  How do you look at her colors?  Especially her green.?

Related image

You can call me by typing @ and my name (ECBG) will come up.  Click on it. Then type your message and post.

I'll get a notification on the top right of the page.Smiley Happy

Contributor

I agree get Color me Beautiful by c Jackson!  YOu should be able to get it in your local library, if not Amazon.  Sounds like your a summer (cool) or Spring( warm), just like the pictures reperesented above. Silver jewelry/accessories would be summer and gold jewelry/accesories would be Spring.  Im easy, a true winter! Dark hair and eyes and fair skin. Similar to catherine Zeta Jones and Sandra Bulluck.  My best color is black,white,navy all greys ,jewel tones,  and NO BROWNS or Oranges!