Honored Contributor

Re: Scarves - Can you recommend a recent purchase?

I bought a lovely Joan Rivers scarf from QVC (A230514) in the blue/green option. It is perfect for the transition into chilly springtime. No, it is not silk and it has a wee bit of thickness to it, but it is soft and the colors are gorgeous. Great with navy blues, etc. I really must review it as I was pleased with it.

Respected Contributor

Do any of you own a QVC Jacqueline Kennedy scarf? The whole line is being discontinued and none of the jewelry or accessories will be made again. I bought 3 scarves that were on sale. They are all silk (squares) and are copies of scarves that Jackie wore (Hermes, etc.). They come with instructions on how to wear them. They looked really pretty on-air. I haven't received them yet (mail is so slow).

I also bought the silver Paperclip necklace, which I received. It's very versatile, and I think it will go well with Linea outfits.

Honored Contributor

Pecan Sandie, it is interesting the way Ross can be "hit or miss," isn't it? I always recite this same line about the store: "Sometimes I wonder why I go there because it has nothing, but then -- shazzam -- it has everything plus!" Such was the story with those Italian scarves. I snatched up $38 scarves for $7.00. That's heaven for a lady who loves pretty things but a bargain even more. Like you, I hit Ross but come to QVC for my Linea. Love my Linea!

It was obvious that Ross had bought the inventory from a small and elegant shop that had gone out of business. The scarves were not silk but were breathtakingly beautiful.

Valued Contributor

check etsy, there are some sellers that have lovely scarves.

Super Contributor

These days, my go-to place for scarves is Nordstrom's Rack or Bolton's. For me, variety is my criteria. Price is secondary.

Esteemed Contributor

I never get rid of scarves. They always fit! I have several beautiful,silk Dana Buchman scarves from when she was doing high end fashions at Saks and Bloomie's. It is hard to find a silk scarf nowadays but Ralph Lauren has some pretty ones. I get mine at Lord & Taylor.
Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased many nice rayon challis scarves on sale from Chico's- even a couple of silk charmeuse scarves.

Frequent Contributor

I would like to second Lyn08's suggestion of the Jacqueline Kennedy scarves. I have two and they are really lovely. Real (heavyweight) silk with rolled edges and the colors are vibrant and beautiful. As with all of the JBK collection, the scarves are copies of much more expensive ones but are beautifully done. They are large squares in shape. If you are looking for more rectangular scarves, I have also purchased some lovely challis scarves on sale from the Q. I have been expecially happy with scarves from Rachel Zoe, but I see there are only a few left and they are on clearance. The Q must be discontinuing its relationship with Rachel Zoe. Some of Joan River's scarves are also quite nice.

Honored Contributor

Most of mine are from sales at Nordstrom, but I also have a few very pretty ones from Target. I had several events last spring where we were asked to wear specific colors I would normally not wear. I did not want to invest in an entire outfit or even pieces of an outfit in colors I don't like wearing, so I found some inexpensive scarves in the requested colors and wore those. While I don't like wearing those colors, I don't mind looking at the pretty scarves, so they're now decorating the iron rails of my bed, something I wouldn't do with a more expensive scarf I planned on wearing.

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2014 queendiva said:

I have purchased many nice rayon challis scarves on sale from Chico's- even a couple of silk charmeuse scarves.

Chico's does have great scarves ... but expensive. They never have what I like on sale - so I end up paying $$ when I see something I can't live without!