Honored Contributor

Did anyone happen to catch Jeopardy this week?

I have always been curious when we discuss scarves, and people comment that they feel swallowed up, choked, or overwhelmed by a scarf.  I didn't "get" that until I saw this contestant.  I know this was recorded some time ago, but I had that "overwhelmed by fabric" sensation when I watched her.  It appears to be her signature look.

Here is an up close version of one of the scarves-

And these are the shots of all three contestants, like I would have seen them on screen.

Honored Contributor

Re: Scarf on Jeopardy This Week

I watched some of the shows, and I thought her scarf's were too, too much for her

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I've been watching too.  It just looks too overwhelming.  I would suffocate in it.  lol! 

Frequent Contributor

@lolakimono

I watched every show on which this lady was a contestant.  I do not know about the "overwhelmed" look but her scarves really did stand out. I felt like she knew how to wear them and agree it may be her signature look. I always love the way scarves look on others but I can never get them to look right on me.

While I am at it, I just want to say I enjoy all of your posts and admire your "kind" manner of posting.

Reggie

Honored Contributor

I watched that Jeopardy with eight 65+women.  We all liked the scarf itself, but not as it was worn that night .

We were impressed with the brain that worked above the scarf though.  Just not its fashion sense.

Trusted Contributor

I sure did notice her scarves @lolakimono! Maybe her "signature"? Also noticed how stinking smart she was!

I also ALWAYS enjoy your posts though I may not always comment. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did see Jeopardy and the scarf lady.  I kept watching, expecting the scarf to slide off her left shoulder.  I personally would select a scarf with less bulk for the warmer months, but I do like the look of it.

I like a square scarf.  They can be tied in so many ways but they aren't sold now.  Only the long rectangles or the dreaded infinity scarves are around.   

Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

I've been watching too.  It just looks too overwhelming.  I would suffocate in it.  lol! 

Think to wear a wider scarf tied in that style, you need a longer, slender neck. Also the horizontal lines from shoulder to shoulder do not compliment her.

If the scarf had been tied in front in a simple knot around the length above her bust line, she would have looked slimmer, gained the illusion of height & slenderize her neck.

Smoke and mirrors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in So Cal and haven't even thought about scarves since I left Western NY.    What could be worse than wearing an overwhelming scarf on a hot day?  Ugh!

Having said that, I didn't think they were that bad .....   and she looked totally comfortable with that look, so I say good for her!

And she won almost $70k ..... so I bet she went out and bought a new scarf to celebrate!   LOL     Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Maybe she was hiding her left girl for some reason.Woman WinkWoman Very Happy