Occasional Contributor
I don't understand why Kim keeps saying her clothes look like money, first the only brand that qvc sells that looks like money (middle class) is barefoot dreams. She always says be yourself - but let it look like u have money even if u dont- isn't that contradicting her message? And no offense to anyone at all but I don't think her clothes look like any kind of money. She's a nice girl I just don't like that"looks like money when it doesnt"
Honored Contributor

Re: Saying it looks like money

[ Edited ]

@Jmagoogoo wrote:
I don't understand why Kim keeps saying her clothes look like money, first the only brand that qvc sells that looks like money (middle class) is barefoot dreams. She always says be yourself - but let it look like u have money even if u dont- isn't that contradicting her message? And no offense to anyone at all but I don't think her clothes look like any kind of money. She's a nice girl I just don't like that"looks like money when it doesnt"

How much money?  $2.00 or $200 or $2,000????  She wants you to think if you buy and wear her clothing others will think you shop and buy in high-end boutiques, as she often says.

Trusted Contributor

To me, saying it look's like money is pandering to the one's who are materialistic.  Just another sales tactic. 

Honored Contributor

She does seem obsessed with those words for some reason. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think any clothing line on QVC looks like money.

If someone truly had $$$$, they wouldn't be buying their clothing from a shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

A person can 'look like money' only if you know what it looks like to begin with. Today it's kinda hard to say what is what.

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

To me, saying it look's like money is pandering to the one's who are materialistic.  Just another sales tactic. 

And condescending to those who do not have a lot of money. Some people are struggling through no fault of their own.

Honored Contributor

@Jmagoogoo   I agree, I don't like that statement either.

Honored Contributor

Kim is using the same shtick Lisa Robertson used to use, "looks like Fifth Avenue or the Hamptons etc".

I ask myself why I'd want to do that?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

looking like you have more money than you do is done by many

see the awards show?

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~