Esteemed Contributor

Just curious, I was going through a catalogue that comes in the mail.  I usually go through and list the pages of interest on the cover for things I might need or WANT.  I saw something I have no seen in years.  I used to own them, have long gotten rid of them. STIRRUP PANTS.

Just a question... Does anyone wear stirrup pants these days.  I thought they were long gone. 

Honored Contributor

Everything comes back eventually.  I remember them and remember loving them because they allowed me to wear my boots without the pant leg getting all caught up or pulling out when I sat.  I was in Jr. High when they came on the scene....

I would buy them in a heartbeat if/when they come back....

BTW, originally they were based on ski pants.... makes sense.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Been there, done that, not going there again.  I can see why boot wearers would like them but I have no need for boots. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Stirrup pants are the best thing to wear with boots/booties!  In my lifetime so far, stirrups have come and gone three times already.  I'm sure another cycle will begin in good time, and I'm going to a stock up.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen them for a while.   I have some stirrup like attachments that clip to the hem of pants to keep them inside your boots.  I've used them with boots for lots of years!

Esteemed Contributor

They are not coming back. ....thank goodness!

Respected Contributor

Oh .. please no ...!!

Honored Contributor

The polyester creating stretch lines the length of the leg was beyond horrible!

Image result for stirrup pants

Honored Contributor

Re: STIRRUP PANTS

[ Edited ]

I still have a navy pair that I keep running across in a back room closet.  I really should try them on.  They would be handy on chilly days.  Also, I recall snipping the stirrup band in half because it was irritating my instep/arch.  Replaced it by attaching thin stretch elastic thread.  Anyway, I'll give them a try tomorrow.  They look similar to a trouser style and very slim to the ankle.  Very comfortable, as I recall. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @bonnielu

I think stirrups only look good with boots (although, see @ECBG 's post/pics below for ugly drape, which would still look that way with boots).   I do not like them with any other kind of shoe (again, see EC's pics).   

I was browsing Nordstrom's site earlier and these showed up in new arrivals...they look ridiculous IMO with the heels...but, you're right, I'm starting to see them, too, especially in catalogues...just say no lol...

Topshop Jamie Stirrup Skinny Jeans

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~