Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. The rains are not expected until this afternoon and night again. I took advantage of the lull and lack of flash flood warnings in my area to make a run to the city to get my nails done and have lunch. I was beginning to get cabin fever. It began getting dark so I decided to return home after lunch. My back yard is a swamp from all the rain.

I stopped at the Post Office and picked up my WEN mousse that I had ordered, and now am enjoying a cup of coffee before taking time to read. After the reading, I will have to get some more steps in as I only have 5,600 right now. I'm trying to reach the 10,000 each day or at least average that over a 7 day period.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19)

@KonaKat   Good to hear you're having some "dry" time.  We've actually been dry and sunny here in NE Ohio both yesterday and today, although there was still more rain to the south of us.  Unfortunately, we are supposed to get hit again tomorrow, starting early in the a.m.  We're expecting another 2-1/2 inches of rain here in Mentor.......like we really need it.  Lake Erie is already at it's highest level ever (30" above normal), and our beach is nowhere to be found.

I'll take a ride on my bike tonight after dinner so I can enjoy the nice warm weather.  It will be nice to ride without a jacket for a change!

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

We had a few mild am temperatures but we are back to VERY HOT.  The last 2 days I have skipped my morning walk and just took some me time sitting on a park bench enjoying nature.   I mentioned in my Monday's post that I am in a heavier caregiver mode  right now and really from 7am til 2pm it is contstant motion...that in itself feels like "a workout".  Luckily, the home health staff is in the mid afternoon and we eat a early dinner.  Around 2 hours after dinner my DH is pretty much ready to retire for the evening.   It is hectic but I do get moments for myself early am and early pm til I retire.

Finally, the "well meaning" friends have backed off and are more on board with our wishes for connecting.   Thanks to all of you for listening...

I hope everyone is having a great day and summer.  We all have our separate challenges but it is nice to come to this forum and "check in"

Gayle

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you were able to get out and have your nails done in the city.  I'm sure you will get your steps in today since you have been doing a very good job.  

Hi .  Happy you had a little rest from the rain.  Hope you have a nice bike ride this afternoon.

Your days sound very tiring to me, Gayle.  Glad you have carved out a little time for yourself.  As a former Caregiver, I know how important that is.  That is a big motivation for my hospice visits.  I know how good it is to have time to yourself when you are a Caregiver, and it is even better when you don't need to pay for Caregiving.  Glad your "visitors" are behaving a bit better.  

It is another hot and dry day here in southern Arizona.  No rain predicted for the rest of this week at minimum.  I had my yoga class this morning, and I did better.  But, this time my knees were begging for mercy.  I wonder if you can wear knee pads when you do yoga. 

I talked to the instructor before class, and she was pretty encouraging about my problem from last week -- and, I did better for that one.  After class, I stopped by the senior lunch program and adult day services to drop off banana breads I made last night.  They had leftover bananas from Monday, and I know that the participants enjoy the banana breads.

I was thinking about getting my hair cut, but my stylist is not in today, so that will probably have to wait until next week or the week after since my schedule is pretty full for the next few days.  My friend Jo Ann (whose husband died in February and has had a couple nasty falls), called me yesterday evening, and we had a nice talk.  I am in need of some milk, so I'll probably go to the grocery store this afternoon.

On the shopping front, my SG dress came yesterday -- very, very fast since I had only ordered it on Saturday.  It came from California which I know helped a lot.  Anyway, I like the dress, so it is a keeper.  The pattern is nice (aqua paisley), and the arm holes are fine as is the length.  I like dresses that go below my knees, but not too long.  I think it is a little too full at the waist, so I'll be wearing a belt plus a shrug to cover up my "crepey" upper arms.  For many years, my arms were just thin sticks, so I didn't like showing them.  Then, I worked on developing a few muscles only to find the crepey arm issue of older ladies.  Oh well, at least the shrugs do a good job of covering them up.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's in the 80's and humidity is rolling in before the rain arrives.  I like 70's with a breeze, so the 80 degree weather that the locals are looking forward to just leaves me flat.  I've managed to avoid turning the A/C on because we've had a warm day then a cold day.  It's supposed to be chilly tomorrow and I think after that I will have little choice in the matter Woman Happy

I hadn't been to the recycling center in a few weeks so I decided to do a drop off this morning.  I saw the sign on the fence as you enter 'the yard' and just stopped the car and stared.  Effective July 1, this location is closing.  Once I deposited all of the recyclables into their various containers I walked into the DPW and thanked the folks that were there for maintaining this location over the years.

The 'word in the yard' (hahaha there were a bunch of us dropping off at the same time) is that folks weren't abiding by the recycling rules -  such as no brown glass in the glass bin. 

The ladies inside the DPW office said that a new DPW building was being built and that construction was starting on July 1st.

Guess I'll need to familiarize myself with the other location that is actually closest to me geographically.  Sigh.

I went to Meijers and did the grocery shopping after the recycling center visit.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise