Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JULY 26)

I just saw that you are travelling to London Linda @LindaLatte   How exciting.  I'm glad that you followed up on the seat assignment.  Who in their right mind wants to deal with that the day of travel?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Fressa,  its our first 90's hot day & it's supposed to be hot again tomorrow with severe thunderstorms tomorrow night.  Then nicer next week.

Linda L, how exciting to be going to London. I think you have been there  before. I am glad that you have a seat assigned before you get on the plane.  

Sydsgma1, it's good to see you posting again.  Being closer to your family will be nice for your kids & yourself.  When the time comes & you are ready to make a decision, I am sure that you will be happy with your decision.  How nice that your brother was in the NAVY & flew jets.  I know nothing about the NAVY so Emily's career will be interesting.  

We had a big thunderstorm yesterday morning & our picture window got a good washing.  All I had to do was squeegee it off.  Now all I have to do when it's a bit cooler is do the rest of them.  

We went to the senior center this afternoon and saw "6 Days 7 Night's.  It was an old movie which are our favorites.  Then we went to the gym.

Tomorrow is FLIPPO day.  Then we are hoping to go to the gym.

Since it's so hot, I am fixing as much as I can that doesn't require an oven.  BLT/corn on the cob.  Taco Salad.  Chicken salad sandwich/chips.  The only thing that my dh won't eat is Mac 'n Cheese!  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

sydsgma1--Hope yoiu are feeling a bit better today. 

A long distance move is something to take all the time you need to consider what is best for you. Do what will make you the happiess. I know we always had hoped to move out west when we both retired but conditions changed. Now we have an idea of Montana in the years ahead.  

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Good thing you called the tour company and you finally have an"official" seat. There just doesn't seem to be any follow thru on travel, purchases, installation and my list goes on and on.

Interesting to hear about the volunteer coordinator with the pets. Bunnie seem to have been very healthy this year. There must be 3-5 bunny families between the two houses and the woods at our end of the road. 

The township paper had an article about 3 pythons being released at the kids ballfield. They are asking for information as to who recognizes the snakes. So far, no volunteers to round them up. This is just like the darm bears. Way too much for me to even think about. UGH!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama----Yeah!!! Your fench si done and you have a proper latch. What an ordeal. Such a good thing you kept your watch with that bunch. Now, maybe you can finally enjoy your yard.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--A London trip. How nice! I always wanted to visit England. I'm not sure if I would do well in the round abouts.  We're starting to see a few of those in our area. Should be nice weather so that's always good.   

Honored Contributor

I posted pics of the latch replacement in the July's Bird's Nest Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope everyone is surviving the heat and the storms are not too bad in your area.  It is 106 degrees here at the moment, but supposedly our "excessive heat warning" will end tonight.  They are still predicting 100 degree plus highs for the weekend, but maybe in the upper 90's on Monday.  I like the heat, but this is getting tiring.

Glad your latch is finished, Bernie.  Hope you are pacing yourself, Fressa and you enjoyed FLIPPO, Glenda.

Very long story, but I was only able to pick up the hospice supplies late yesterday, so I delivered them this morning. 

There was a new rowing machine at the gym yesterday, but I found it quite uncomfortable.  A man told me that the seat of the new machine was so hard he wasn't planning to use it again -- he had too little padding.  Made me chuckle a little (I think I have more padding than him), but I agree that it is way too hard for comfort.

I had lunch with my friend from the senior lunch program today, and it was nice to see her and chat.  I picked the restaurant since another lady told me their fish tacos were very good, and my friend agreed.  And, I enjoyed my spinach quesadillas.

The neighborhood newsletter is complete and distributed, which is a relief.

Waves to Fressa, Bernie, Susan, Glenda, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers. 

Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is 101 degrees here at the moment, but is not supposed to get too much hotter today.  We had some pretty strong thunderstorms yesterday evening, but fortunately did not lose power in my area.  Quite a few people not too far north lost power, and the electric company is working hard to restore it.  Horrible time not to have AC.

It wasn't too hot when I took my early morning walk, and I don't have plans to go out again today other than to pick up the mail. 

Trying to get some more decluttering and cleaning done -- wish me luck.

I just cannot get into Christmas decorations, etc. when it is hot, so I haven't been watching the Q today.  Probably saving me a little money or at least angst trying to resist "want" purchases. 

Waves to Fressa, Bernie, Glenda, Susan, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

Hugs,

Linda