Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED., SEPT. 9)

Good morning, shopping friends. Fall is nice with its varying temps but the winter that follows is not. It is a beautiful sunny day, one to be enjoyed while it is possible. 

I didn't sleep well last night, so I am not operating at full steam. The hospital called me and said I would benefit from having an ultrasound to explore further some questions raised by the mammogram I told them to contact the insurance company as I don't want to pay for something not approved. Having been burned once, I've been cautious with tests since then.

My Dennis Basso faux leather coat in black has shipped. That was an exchange for a purchase made in late August. So far, in September, I have not ordered anything from the Q.

I did get the bird feeder from Amazon, and so far it isn't having any action. The reviews were so good The enclosed instructions said to be patient as it could take several weeks for them to get adjusted to it being there. In the meantime, I should scatter  bird feed near it to attract them and get them used to it.

So far the feed I've put out each day on the ground near it has disappeared. Of course, I'm not sitting at the bird feeder 24//7 so the birds could be using the feeder and I don't know it. I guess if the seed disappears from the feeder, I will know it is being used but I would like to see them enjoying it.

Our local school system opened yesterday without any incidents. The staff spent much time preparing for the opening. 

I hope each and everyone of you has a good day. Always look for the positives in the day. If you shop, shop wisely....and if you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED., SEPT. 9)

Hi Evreryone!

Today is hot and sunny. I have got to pick up prescriptions for the both of us so I have my fingers crossed that the line will not be long. My foot keeps swelling but it's slowly improving each day. I think I may have gotten dehydrated. I do have a problem with that and it takes a few days to get my system back on line. I'm taking it slow and making sure I'm hydrating. I put the ice bag and formula 88 cream on it starting in the afternoon thru bedtime.

I did order the TSV as a birthday gift for our dil. She's a big sports fan. I did size up once I heard that MB said that's what she did for a roomy fit. September is a big month for birthdays and an anniversary. Until I have cards and a few gifts purchased then I feel like I'm so behind on everything. 

I washed the sofa covers this morning while I was drinking coffee. I will pay bills and handle some misc. paperwork after I get the prescriptions. That may be it for today

I did a little more searching on the range purchase and the what to do with the overhead light/vent system. I think that will be a bigger challenge. Oh well, it wouldn't be a project here if it didn't have a "snag" involved. LOL

Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I just read your email.  We are getting rain again today & hopefully ending by tomorrow a.m.    I am happy for the cooler temps, but I would love to send the rain to CA.  I hope that you soon see some birds enjoying your new feeder.  I wore the DB rain coat that I bought last fall to the gym yesterday.  It's the one that I bought at the Bargain Spot for $29.99.  It's got the most luscious lining that I have ever seen.

I haven't  walked since Monday, but  we are heading to the gym soon.  I am looking forward to a week of 70's starting on Sunday when I can get my walks done.

I haven't  bought anything exciting.  Tomorrow is grocery shopping day & a visit to the dentist in the afternoon to have my crown put on.

I have been busy the last couple of days putting out a few Fall things & putting the liner stuff that I bought last week into the large pantry.  An easy job that I have been putting off for a few days.

I almost got caught in a scam yesterday.  My BFF has been having trouble with her internet service and did get caught.  Thank goodness I looked at the email address & it was different from her real one.  

Her DH fell last week and broke his wrist. He doesn't understand that he is supposed to open the garden gate and climbs over the fence, getting his foot caught & dangling until he is found.  He has a cast right now.

We got our extra strong flu shots yesterday with no side effects as has been usual for us and our pharmacist is so nice.  I am still debating getting my Shingles vaccine.  My DH has gotten both of his, so he is all set.  They were $175 each.

Hugs to all of you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Hi Evreryone!

Today is hot and sunny. I have got to pick up prescriptions for the both of us so I have my fingers crossed that the line will not be long. My foot keeps swelling but it's slowly improving each day. I think I may have gotten dehydrated. I do have a problem with that and it takes a few days to get my system back on line. I'm taking it slow and making sure I'm hydrating. I put the ice bag and formula 88 cream on it starting in the afternoon thru bedtime.

I did order the TSV as a birthday gift for our dil. She's a big sports fan. I did size up once I heard that MB said that's what she did for a roomy fit. September is a big month for birthdays and an anniversary. Until I have cards and a few gifts purchased then I feel like I'm so behind on everything. 

I washed the sofa covers this morning while I was drinking coffee. I will pay bills and handle some misc. paperwork after I get the prescriptions. That may be it for today

I did a little more searching on the range purchase and the what to do with the overhead light/vent system. I think that will be a bigger challenge. Oh well, it wouldn't be a project here if it didn't have a "snag" involved. LOL

Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Fressa, I am so glad that our hot weather is out of  here, but we are still getting a steady drizzly rain.  My DH has trouble with dehydration & It's a scary situation for both of us.  I am sure that your ddil will like the TSV.  I have an overhead light/vent system, but my microwave is on the counter.  Good luck with your next project.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you didn't sleep well last night -- I didn't either.  Hope both of us sleep better tonight.  Also hope the insurance covers the extra test the hospital wants to do, and you like your new DB coat when it arrives.  My Susan Graver lustra knit pants should arrive today.

We are having a cooler than normal day, and have had a tiny bit of rain.  While I normally prefer hot and sunny weather, this feels great.  We have had some haze from the California fires, but they a predicting that should clear up later.  Both July and August were the hottest since they started keeping records here, with many 100 degree plus days and daily averages (not highs -- day and night combined) of 90 plus..  

Hi Fressa -- hope your foot swelling goes down, and you are successful in rehydrating.  Also hope your DIL loves the TSV.  I always size up for sports sweatshirts, etc.

Your poor friend, twinny.  Sorry her husband fell over the gate and broke his wrist.  Glad you are able to go to the gym, and didn't have any adverse effects from the flu shot.  

I went to the donation center I heard about yesterday afternoon, but they were closed (only open very limited hours), so I went to Goodwill where I donated two bags of very nice clothes.  I still have quite a bit of stuff, but no more nice clothing.  I may end up throwing out some of the books since I noticed the donation places are not accepting books at this time.

The handyman who I contacted yesterday came today, and I am very pleased.  He will replace the shower head (which needed to be replaced) as well as the light in my closet.  The closet light was one with a pull down cord that was unreliable at best.  He will install a LED high that has a motion sensor.  He identified the parts I need from Amazon, and he will install next Wednesday -- he thinks it will only take an hour or so, which is great.  

Now that the handyman has been here, it should be a quiet day.  Like Glenda, I plan to do my grocery shopping tomorrow.  My OLLI classes start next week.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda