Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, 10/23)

Hi, Judge Liz - didn't see you earlier; we must have posted at the same time.

Marijane, Trader Joe's is WONDERFUL - we drive almost 100 miles to get to the nearest one, and have been campaigning for one in my town. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} All the food they sell is non-GMO sourced, and most is organic, yet the prices are extremely reasonable. They have a pounder chocolate bar that's absolutely wonderful, nice frozen items, unique produce - I usually go nuts in there and stock up, since I go only every other month or so. They sell a cookie butter that everyone loves, and I hear they now have cookie butter ice cream, cookie butter cheesecake, and cookie butter filled chocolates - I have to give them a try. There are often posts in the food forum about the new items they come out with, and what's good.

Jean, I've developed a reputation with my baked goods - my rum cake has gotten me marriage proposals, including one from a gay guy! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} One of the funniest things was when I went from an executive position to being a headhunter, and was calling up people I used to work with to develop a client base. One man had moved from our shared company to become a Senior VP at another, and I called him and introduced myself saying, "You may not remember me, but...." Well, as soon as I told him my name he said, "Of course I remember you!" I expected him to continue with something like, "You were at the board meetings," or "You're the one who ran the mutual funds departments," but no...he continued on with, "You made the best chocolate cake I ever had in my life!" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I guess I'd better take Autumn and Honeybun out before it starts to turn cool again. Two kitties were supposed to be neutered tomorrow but are sneezing, so I put it off for another two weeks. Meanwhile I'm giving them Lysine to build up their immunity as one of the ladies who used to post here but is now a FB friend suggested. I can't put Shoshanna off much longer - she's an un-spayed female playing with an un-neutered male! {#emotions_dlg.scared} When I called the clinic I asked about the calendar - my Baby Ziggy is Mr. January - but they're not out yet.

Esteemed Contributor

Judge Liz, Welcome to the wonderful boards. I too left work because of a major chronic illness 13 years ago. These gals are keeping my sanity for me. Right now I am dealing with major eye issues with my mom. I did get some help last week as after 3 1/2 weeks I was wearing out physically & mentally. More help starts next Monday. Hope to hear from you as time permits.

FHG, It is good that you can online shopping really good. Being a good baker helps too I am sure. Lucky mechanics. I am sure that your fur babies do love the food that you feed them.

RC, that A/C problem was so weird as we had the heat on all the way up to our DD's place. When DH started the engine to leave, the A/C lit up & the fan was going at full speed ahead with hot air. Never had it happen before. Sounds like you have some nice tops. Have fun when your DH comes home.

Marijane, It started raining after lunch & is still raining. DH raked & mowed the lawn yesterday. It looked so nice. Now the lawn is full of leaves again.

Jean, Glad that you had an easy day at school. I have never tried polar fleece sheets as & am always hot. DD & family love them. I do love my fleece jackets though.

I just had a nice nap today. It is rainy & dark so sleep was easy to get. DH & I can stay in tonight, so that I am thankful for. I need a nice peaceful evening. Maybe Kindle time or TV time.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--A peaceful evening is just what is needed. You deserve a break!

I saw this on another thread about Alberti's singing, so I had to check it out. He is very good, but check him out with dark hair although I think the current hair is great also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfLAtAOqClM

I've been relaxing by watching "Christine," the Stephen King thriller while reading some of the threads. I have noticed a decline in jewelry shows, especially expensive lines. Personally, I bought more of my share back when it was less expensive and now need no more. I do need the gadgets that make life easier or more comfortable.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.