Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB. 26)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny but colder day. The positives are the sun and the fact the rain apparently has stopped.

I just turned on the Q and see that Tarte has a TSV. I guess I'll need to check it out but don't know that I'll be purchasing.  I do like the Paradise solar lights that were presented and have them in my cart.

The last PTR is a winner so I'll definitely keep it on AD and cancel the other I had as I like the contents of this one more as this one has the product for the body. The other one had the eye product which I didn't like that much; other than that, the contents and sizes were the same.

I was to have worked today but an event cancellation took place so I wasn't needed. I am supposed to work the next two days. I'll be using the time at home to call the hair salon and then get ready for trash day tomorrow..

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB. 26)

It  was a mistake staying at home. In addition to the Paradise solar lights, I bought the D&C watercolor print tops featured in the 10am show. I have these and they are great as the reviews show.  I have some that are 2 years old and need replaced as I've worn them often. I did get different colors.

I've been back reading the decluttering thread to get motivated again. This reminded me to do some research for motivation. This little gem is found in a minimalist website:

The average American woman owns 30 outfits--one forsd every day of the month. In 1930, that figure was nine.(Forbes). Other statistics can be found at:

https://www.becomingminimalist.com/clutter-stats/

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad it is sunny there.  It is sunny here as well, and we are expecting highs in the low 70's -- that's more like it.  Sorry you aren't working today as planned.  I'm sure you will make good use of your time.

I am not working today either, and it is rare for me to skip my volunteer work.  But, this cold (I think it is a cold) has been very difficult for me.  Not only do I spend lots of time dealing with a runny nose and sneezing, but my energy level is way down.  Given that quite a few of the senior lunch participants are not in good health, I thought it best to avoid the possibility of sharing my germs.  I really hate being out of commission, but I'm hoping to be much better soon.

Glad you like the new PTR product, and good luck with the lights and make-up if you order them.  

I normally go to the gym on Tuesdays, but I'll probably skip that as well.  Really hope to be able to attend the 90th birthday party for my friend's husband, but I'm not sure that I will be able to do so.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- That is definitely a sobering article, Jean.  Hope you like the lights and the top that you ordered.  I have two of those tops (blue and what is called soft black, but is grey and pink),and really love them.  I am tempted to order more, but fighting temptation so far.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I think it is important for you to take a break and get rid of the bug; otherwise, you might find yourself not able later on to do some things. You are doing a great job of resisting purchases. I think the magic words on those tops were experience with them, price going up and dollars off on additional ones. Enjoy your sunny weather.

The hair stylist said she could cut my hair this afternoon, so I'm off to the city for that and then grocery shopping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't feel bad Jean @KonaKat 

The upcoming D&B TSV handbag is calling me.

The Brooke Shields anorak is calling me name, although a little less today.  I didn't expect the price to go up overnight, don't recall hearing Leah say it was going to.

BROOKE SHIELDS Timeless Anorak Jacket - A350244

I also am tempted by this Brooke Shields twist neck top in white

BROOKE SHIELDS Timeless Sleeveless Printed Twist Neck Knit Top - A349838

The struggle is real Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I think laying low and resting yourself is a good idea.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies ,the wind has died down here and it's sunny but chilly about 33 degrees.  I had read earlier thst we are supposed to get another storm tomorrow  night into Thursday ..maybe 5 inches of snow,no ice.

Congrats to your grandson Twinny on him receiving that scholarship ....

Charlene you had asked Bernie if she had a St Francis statue.....I have one in my yard under a tree in front of a few nice size big rocks....I had bought it when we first moved here.  This is a dumb question but remember I was born and bred in Brooklyn and not many farm animals running around but when goats have kids do they  only have one?  I have seen videos on f.b. Of baby goats and they are adorable ..I love how they hop around ..when your gost has hers you will have yo share on f.b. And maybe a pix on this thread for those not on f.b.      How is your son doing?

Jean I have those solar lights or something similar from the q....I have 2 sets in fact..the one thing I noticed this year thst two broke I think because of the  very cold snap we had a few weeks ago.  I leave all my lanterns and globes both solar and battery operated out all winter and  this had been the first time that has happened.  I love the look of the  lights etc all around my yard at night.

Bernie I guess I didn't think groundhogs were around during the winter, I thought they hibernated ...I wish I could!

Linda I hope you took it easy today.   That's about it....have a nice day,Marijane

Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1   Gerry did hibernate for months.  I guess he woke up hungry the other day Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Heads up, ladies...if you love scarves..check out the lines special value for tomorrow..I ordered the scarf in pink.

all is well here in az

.we are finally getting warmer weather.

🎈🎈🎈💜💜💜

Respected Contributor

Good old spell check...linea...