Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY)

LL, thanks for the anniversary wishes. Yes DH & I are in my situation for the long haul. It was 12 years ago right now that I entered the Mayo Clinic for two weeks. I entered as a quadriplegic & left as one too. After much rehab, prayers & great family support I am where I am today. DH is so happy that we can enjoy our retirement to the best of our abilities. Just got a phone call from a good friend that he wants to take us out to eat today. I was just wondering what to fix for lunch. Dinner will be light tonight. I wish I could go to the gym like you. DH does walk every day so that is a good thing for him. The sun is shining. It is upper 30's & cool but the sun warms up everything nicely.

Regular Contributor

On 3/13/2014 twinny2 said:

LL, thanks for the anniversary wishes. Yes DH & I are in my situation for the long haul. It was 12 years ago right now that I entered the Mayo Clinic for two weeks. I entered as a quadriplegic & left as one too. After much rehab, prayers & great family support I am where I am today. DH is so happy that we can enjoy our retirement to the best of our abilities. Just got a phone call from a good friend that he wants to take us out to eat today. I was just wondering what to fix for lunch. Dinner will be light tonight. I wish I could go to the gym like you. DH does walk every day so that is a good thing for him. The sun is shining. It is upper 30's & cool but the sun warms up everything nicely.

I can not imagine how frightened both of you must have been. Congratulations on 44 years. DH and I have been married 36, kidney failure and all we are in it for life{#emotions_dlg.wub} He is doing well, we are so ready for the "call"

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Well, it looks like it's a nice day out, but I'm still sick - the sore throat and cough are hanging on and on and on.... {#emotions_dlg.crying} I don't have plans to go anywhere as I don't have any energy, but I really do need to pick up my paycheck before that place is (hopefully) closed down. I also have only enough cold medicine for one more day. It seems to help, although it's making my tummy none too happy. (sigh)

Congratulations, twinny - 44 years is a huge accomplishment these days, when most couples break up at the first sign of trouble! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Good to hear you got called in to school, Jean. What's your favorite age group to work with?

I haven't been to Kohl's in ages; I'd like to get their credit card because of the discounts. I applied for a Visa card with a low line of credit from my bank; I have bad credit owing to the fact that I don't have credit cards, despite the fact that my mortgage payments have always been paid on time. It's sort of a Catch-22: you can't get credit if you don't have a good credit rating, but you can't have a good credit rating if you don't have credit. If I'm declined the bank manager will help me to get things straightened out - the personalized care is one of the advantages of small banks.

Well, I got up late, had something to eat, and am going to lie down for a nap. I really need to get to the PO as I have some packages waiting for me, but...maybe tomorrow.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Regular Contributor

FHG, Hope that you are feeling better soon. Can you Dr give you a prescription? When I had the flu mine gave me a cough syrup with Codine, it helped me sleep at night. I have not "heard" about all of baking for the troops and others recently. You are in my prayers {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies:

Yesterday was blustery for lots of us! Certainly was here.

Enjoyed meeting up with Kathleen yesterday. I hadn't been to this museum---but another campus museum is a favorite of mine. I marveled at the age of the paintings and artifacts on display. Amazing that things can survive in such pristine condition. Although restoration was certainly a possibility for some items.

Twinny: Congratualtions on the anniversary. Many warm wishes to you and yours.

Arlene: Do take care---it seems that I have known a lot of people with persistent upper respiratory issues---this bouncing weather certainly doesn't help.

I went to Lenten services last night---when I left the temp was definitely dropping. The moon is building toward full.

Tonight I have bible study---tomorrow a medical apt.