Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, SEPT. 28)

Good morning, shopping friends. The morning is mine but I have to be at work at an elementary school at Noon. In the meantime, I'll be watching Susan Graver as I haven't seen that show for sometime.

I was an early riser, up at 5am as I woke up before the alarm. I did a few things around the house, and then when businesses opened i the city, I made appointments to get my car's warranty checkup and oil change, and also an appointment with the dermatologist.  I have an area returning that reminds me very much of a skin cancer I had six years ago.

My Earth OTO shoes are making progress on their way to me. They have been sitting in California since "shipped."

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, SEPT. 28)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean -  Thank you for starting us today.  Have a good day subbing, I hope all works out for you with the doctor.  

Our weather is cooling down starting today, we had been in the 80's and 90's for the past couple weeks.  I think now falll weather will stay with us.  I can't complain it has been beautiful out.  

Well need to get moving, I want to hit Costcos before the crowd gets there.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Enjoy your Costco bargains. Like you, our temperatures have really moderated in the past 24 hours. We are expecting a high in the 70s today compared to the low 90s yesterday.

It was great relaxing and watching SG but no  purchase was made at this time. I think I had better get motivated to get ready for work and make a run to town before going to work.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody, 

Went grocery shopping and stopped for stamps. Last day of humidity for us, I hope! Image result for good morning friends thursday pics

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies...the humidity has dropped here as well as temps and it's a typical fall day....bright sun ,  wind  blowing the leaves off the trees......but we really haven't had much change of colors.

I was out early to the store and now the rest of the day plan to  do house stuff and continue my fall/ Halloween decorating.        have a nice day everyone,Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the cute graphic. Stamps are essential. I think I loaded up on "Forever" stamps right before one of the stamp rate increases.

Marijane--It is Fall-like andd the leaves are falling. Ours are not having their usual vivid color changes. Some said it was because of the long dry spell.

I am off to "fun and games" with first grade students for the afternoon. I think they have a bunch of math to do in the afternoon as well as reading.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  You were certainly up early, but it sounds like you accomplished quite a bit before needing to leave for work.  Fingers crossed the students are better behaved today, and the possible skin issue turns out not to be a problem.  My annual dermatologist visit is coming up in October.  I did have a special appointment last December since I was concerned about a growth, but it turned out not to be a problem. 

Have fun at COSTCO, Susan.  Our weather is supposed to be getting warmer for a while -- 90 degree highs and 60 degree lows, but that is pretty normal here.  Not humid at all.

Nice graphic, meallen.  Glad you got some shopping done.

Hi Marijane -- glad you have done your shopping as well, and have fun decorating.  I have started putting up my Fall/Halloween decorations.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  I plan to go to the gym this morning, and then to the grocery store to pick up some produce, dairy items, etc.  I'll be visiting DH in the afternoon when the hospice nurse should be visiting as well.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I am late checking in & will read your posts later.

I woke up in the middle of the night & watched DB.  Went back to bed & overslept.  It is beautiful sleeping weather.  50's at night & 70's by day.  I walked at 8:30 & got home in time for breakfast.  Steam mopped the floors & then it was time to meet friends at our nice Italian restaurant.  I had spaghetti pie & brought 1/2 of it home for supper.

Our dgs went to school this morning for 1/2 a day.  He has AP English & AP Calculus which are the most important right now.  He missed his friends, but needed a nap after lunch.  He wants to see his buddies play soccer tonight?

My dd  said that it was quite the ordeal to get him showered last night with the shower bench & hand held shower head, but at least he didn't look like a sick kid.

We are going to see them tomorrow afternoon.

No rain yet, but beautiful weather.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Uh oh, I didn't post earlier, lol.  One of those days :-)

It's cooling down here, love it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise