Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAYM, JUNE13)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny, hot, humid and a sever storm watch is in effect thru tomorrow night. Hail and high winds are on the list for tomorrow.  On the up side...it will save me watering for both days so YIPPEE.  I have a few mini roses that bloomed and a tiger lily.  I always get excited with any flower that blooms with my camo thumb. LOL

Weediing was on my list for this weekend and putting up the vinyl fencing on the side garden but I have postponed that to sometime this week. I need it to be cooler or cloudy for the migraines or breathing to settle down. I see that with all the rain we have a few "weed trees" that have popped up in between the flowering bushes. I'll have to use the big nippers on those. UGH!!!

I was able to watch some of the Q this morning and decided to purchase the Dyson. It's a major purchase but I think it will be a benefit to my breathing for easier vacuuming. I'm trying to be more aware of what I should be doing to help ease some of the day to day chores. 

It was good to see Carolyn on early today. I also enjoy her presentations and how she explains everything.

Finally----one pair of the D&C skimmers has shipped. The other pair is still in pending. Fingers crossed that these fit better than the previous pair. Of course, part of that is just me being between sizes. No more clothes. I did need a few pair of capris for this heat but I have plenty for every other season.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAYM, JUNE13)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sorry about your weather, but at least you will not need to water.  Glad your flowers are blooming.  Hope you like the skimmers and the Dyson.  I spent that much for an Oreck upright that was supposed to be good for 21 years.  It is still working fine after 14 years, so I can't complain.

I can't remember if it was you or Glenda who recently purchased a steam mop?  Anyway, I am considering a new one since my floors are mostly tile plus the Haan one I have had for years doesn't seem to do a great job of cleaning, especially the grout.  I have found a Bissell and a Shark, but I'd be very interested in others experience.

Very, very hot here today -- already 107 degrees and 110 or 111 expected later.  And, we have an excessive heat warning until at least Friday afternoon.  Thank goodness for AC and fans.

That was very interesting about the fawn, Bernie.  I don't blame you for being concerned about the traffic, and hope they made it home okay.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAYM, JUNE13)

Boy am I late getting to the thread today.  Our local news station weather people either need better technology or we need new weather people.  I went to bed last night so sure rain was coming.  You know it's bad when you run to the window upon waking to see if you got rain.  We got nuthin, lol.

I broke down and I watered the trees and shrubs... thoroughly.  They said we'd get rain tonight and tomorrow and I said yea yea don't threaten me with a good time Woman Very Happy

The birds were excited about the rain.  A robin and I nearly crashed into each other in the front yard.  I also saw a yellow butterfly in the backyard and a small white butterfly in the front yard.  

I thought about ordering the Lug Bid Deal that was presented the other day.  Everytime I think about getting the pink camo it's not showing as available.  Maybe that's a sign.  If its popping in and out of stock like that I may never get it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise