Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME(SUNDAY, MAY 24)

Good Morning/Afternoon.  Another nice day here -- sunny and highs in the upper 80's.  They are predicting 100 degrees plus highs starting on Wednesday, so I am enjoying the cooler temperatures while I can.  I know some of you feel that these temperatures are way too high, but others are in my "tribe" as DH used to say.

As some of you read on Facebook, I was shocked to learn that seven residents (out of ten) in the assisted living/memory care facility where DH lived for two years have died.  All had the virus, but according to an article I read today, none had symptoms.  They were older and had pre-existing conditions.  Nevertheless, I was shocked to learn of so many deaths in DH's building.  There are 10 buildings with a maximum or ten residents each, but the only patients and caregivers who tested positive were in his building.

I have not visited the facility since DH's death (two years in August), but I am wondering if some of the people who died were ones I knew, plus the caregiver(s) who had the virus but recovered.  

Not positive thoughts, but difficult for me to ignore.

Church on-line was nice this morning.  They had some graduates (who were wearing gowns) make short videos.  One had just graduated from law school and was very impressive.  And, the music was good.  I don't think the church will be opening up for in-person visits any time soon, but I don't know for sure.

My walk was good this morning, and I don't have any big plans -- cleaning and ironing mostly.  I have looked at the product review plus saw a little bit of AM Style, but nothing called my name.  Still more tempted by things for the house tather than clothes and shoes.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME(SUNDAY, MAY 24)

Hi Everyone!

It's hot and sunny today. UGH!!!1 We like it cold. The forecast predicts a thunderstorm so we'll see if that happens. it will save me watering the gardens if its early enough. ha ha!!!

Yesterday we spent the afternoon trying to shore up the fencing around the frong gardens. It came together better than we thought so we have our fingers crossed that it holds when the deer pass through. We pulled out all the fenching and then reattached the connecting panels with heavy duty zip ties in addtion to the hinges and ground spikes. Of course I was short a few panels so I moved a birdbath in one spot and a planter in the other for this summer. It is much improved.

Our A/C broke again!!! It really hasn't been on track since the first repair but that man told me to monitor it for a few days so that would narrow down the problem part or level out the system. Well, it's currently 76 in the hall and the temp is set for 67. They are sending a man out today. (Thank heavens I have a service contract witht them) It is suppose to be in the 80's for next four days so I really hope he fixes it today. My breathing is not okay with this heat inside and out. Fingers crossed.

Today was to be bath day for the dogs so I have moved that for tomorrow. It's a afternoon project because I need to shower one dog at a time. After that is done then I scrub the bathroom and change the bath mat and rugs. Microfiber dog towels are a big help to getting most of the water off their fur.

I caught part of AM Style but nothing really caught my eye. I think I may have lost my desire for shopping with all the decluttering projects I'm trying to tackle. That would probably be a "good thing". Now....if it's something pretty for the house then I'm a sucker for it. I have such a weakness for candles, mirrors, linens, etc.  There's no hope for me. LOL

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  I am very sorry to hear about the nursing facility you DH was in.  Glad you are having nice weather, we are having some fantastic weather here.  It is nice to hear your church was nice today.. Hopefully you will be able to go to church soon.

Fressa - I like fall weather not cold or hot anymore.  I just can handle the really hot weather and have a hot flash on top of it.  Hope your fencing holds up for you and DH.

Not much happening here.  We had my sister down for lunch, tomorrow we won't do anything special.  I think I may start some decluttering here, I have spent too much time on the computer today.

Have a good evening everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

I am late checking in, but I have read all of your posts.

We slept in this morning and after breakfast, we had a drive thru lunch from Culver's.

I cleaned the inside of the Subaru before it got hot in the garage.  Then I cleaned the top of the chest freezer out there and the storm door.  

Talking about a storm.  There were 5 tornadoes all around us last night.  We got 2 1/2" of rain and thank goodness no hail.  Several other towns got hail the size of a silver dollar & 4-6" of rain.

While my DH was emptying the hot tub,  I remade his face masks that I made with elastic at the ears and replaced it with a nice strong cord that he can tie.  The new hearing aids are too expensive to lose. He is thrilled and so am I.  

I told him that I should have been a scientist or inventor.

We are listening to the radio.  Our local station has very good music.  Usually we dance, but we are both too tired this afternoon.  Last week, he told me that he would soon be Fred Astaire.  I told him not to expect me to be Ginger Rogers.  Lol.

No big plans for tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Our temperatures are finally back in the "comfort zone," as I am one who enjoys the hotter temperatures. It is, indeed, shocking that such a high percentage of  people in that unit died.

Fressa--I think I am joining you in losing my desire for shopping; it seems mine are "needs" and not "wants,' and the "needs" right now are more than I anticipated.

Susan--It was great that you had your sister over.  It is easy to spend too much time on the computer. I'm sure that once the Memorial Day weekend is over that you will be decluttering.

Twinny--You were fortunate to escape the wrath of most of those storms. I agree that with the cost of the rechargeable hearing aids for DH that altering the  facial masks is a good move to prevent losing the hearing aids.

It was a beautiful sunny day, which I started at 5am. I jut can't get out of that usual wake up time. I did odds and ends around the house, and cleaned out the car. I made plans for Tuesday to do some last minute things in the city before the surgery. I have gotten started on decluttering, so I hate that I won't be able to lift anything for a long time but such is life. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and hot today. I'm crossing my fingers the A/C repair is the final "fix" to our problems. The man was here for 4 hours yesterday. Different man, different version of what is wrong with our system. Since the original company merged it's been a "mixed bag" for service & sales. This person has given us 3 different versions of what could be the problem. All varying in costs including replacing the big unit. It's 12 years old and had a 10 year warranty. I don't regard that as "old"..  All I know is that I'm exhausted with it all and my migraines are in full bloom. That's my "rant" for today.

The nice thing is that the iris that I purchased from Philip Watson are blooming in the front and the patio. I'm thrilled. Something grew!!!  Always surprises me. ha ha!!  So far the fence repair is holding but the true test will be when the deer herd returns after "firework" season. I saw our first hummingbird yesterday. It was the tiny one. We've had three different sizes that love those Clematis vines.(I can never remember the names of them)  So nice to see the "good" nature.

Today I hope to bath the dogs. I hate to miss a good "drying" day for that project.

Have a good afernoon/evening.