Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME SUNDAY, MAY 19th, 2024)

Susan @LindaLatte  Our weather has been unseasonably hot (and unstable) for this time of year.  Lots of storms and tornado watches and warnings.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Sounds like a good back up plan. I'm trying to get better reminding myself that I'm not 20 anymore .....or 50 anymore. LOL   

Esteemed Contributor

I think your shoulders, etc. are not unhappy that you cannot work on the topsoil for a while, Bernie.  LOL

The only pain management sorts of things I have been doing is going for physical therapy and doing the exercises he gave me plus taking OTC medications the doctor prescribed.  While I don't have any idea why new pains have popped up, I suspect that it is something to do with my body rather than what I have been doing.  I know the physical therapist has been doing quite a bit to help.  I have a call in with the doctor to see if I should have some more tests (x-rays or whatever) to figure out what is going on.  

I didn't feel that great when i got up this morning, but I did manage to take a walk after missing two days. 

The senior lunch program went okay, but all but one of the other volunteers were out -- I knew my partner had a meeting, but the other two were a surprise.  Fortunately, we had fewer participants, and I was able to refill the containers, etc. without too much difficulty.  Also, no pain issues.

One of my fellow caregivers -- the only one whose loved one (husband) is still living, is having such a difficult time since her husband (many health issues plus dementia) has pneumonia and her son (who helps her with her husband) has COVID.  Her name is Barbara, and I'm sure she would appreciate your prayers and good thoughts.

My DD has had some health issues recently (particularly migraines, insomnia, and hot flashes) and went to the doctor yesterday.  The good news is that he is taking her concerns seriously and trying to find solutions.  Fingers crossed that works.

Hugs to Susan, Bernie, Fressa, and all of our posters and readers.

Linda

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte  I'm glad that you put a call in to the doctor because it's no fun to fix one problem area only to have another crop up.  I'll say a prayer for your fellow caregiver Barbara; she's got alot on her shoulders right now.  Sorry to read that your daughter is experiencing migraines and insomnia.  It doesn't take long for insomnia to wear on a person.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---I will keep your friend and DD in my thoughts and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

I just read your last post.  I have not had time to read the former ones, but will do so.

Linda, I am sorry to hear about your pain here and there.  

We got back home on Monday afternoon.  Our vacation was fabulous.   The weather was cooperative after the first couple of days.  It was fun shopping in Branson and else where.  I bought a couple of tops and my dh bought 1 pair of shorts,  2 shirts & SF jams at a very nice nice Amish store.

We got to my nieces home last Friday afternoon.  Our nephew from Cleveland got there on Thursday afternoon and was able to go to the graduation.  He & my dh were able to help set up chairs and tables outside and inside.

They have a 5 bedroom home and they were full.  They are used to having a lot of company, so it went well.

The party  on Sunday afternoon was fabulous.  Decorations which I helped with after I figured out what to do with them.  Sewing fancy cardboard pieces together with a big eye plastic needle to hang up on the wall..  Lots of food and about a dozen metal pails full of sayings and candy to match them.

When we got home on Monday afternoon, as soon as I got in the front door, I heard the loudest noise ever.  I went running down to the basement  to see what was going on and apparently there had been a power outage & the TV  in the family room was blaring.

I will be back when I am able to.  We had a major storm go through our town last night and my dh will busy for a couple of days getting did of a lot of  lawn debris.  We were in the basement most of the night.  Had a power outage for 3 hours.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

It was a wild night last night as there was a tornado warning starting at 8:00 p.m.  We went down in the basement, then the power outage occurred, which has never happened in the 29 years we have been in our house.

The power was off  2 1/2  hours.  Thank goodness we had a couple of flash lights ready to use.  We were concerned as we had things in the fridge freezer, small chest freezer in the garage and a larger one in the basement.

It had been a warm day and the garage was warmer than normal.  When the power came back on, the freezer in the garage wasn't working so we had to transfer things in it to the one in the fridge.   Thank goodness it's working again, so we were able to put things in their place.

There are lots of branches and leaves all over the place. It will take my dh two days to get it cleaned up.🤔😐😑

The neighbor across the street had a large limb blow down and cover the street.  I got woke up early this morning a with chain saw and City dump truck cleaning up the mess.  Now it's a sunny beautiful 70° day.

Tomorrow will be grocery shopping day as the fridge is pretty bare.  

I am going to have a lazy day at home while my dh goes to see one of his brothers to talk about things concerning their Mom passing away and what to do with the rest of her thing's.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Glad you had such a nice trip, Glenda, but sorry about that storm, losing power, need for clean-up, etc.  One of our (mostly) former posters, Kathleen, who lives in Texas had a terrible storm yesterday evening.  Fortunately, she and her family were okay.  I heard that there are many more tornadoes so far this year.  Stay safe everyone.

Our weather has mostly been nice -- normal or slightly below normal temperatures (low 90's), but we were under an air quality alert yesterday.  They are predicting our first 100 degree day for next Tuesday.

I went to PT yesterday, and it helped some.  The therapist suggested that I sign up for twice a week treatments for June, so I did so.  Since my doctor's office was nearby (and never called me back), I stopped by to see if I could get authorization to have some more testing done (x-rays at least).  Unfortunately, they were not sure if I could have the prescription or if I would need to see the doctor again first.  So, I am back to waiting for a call.  Frustrating.

I was able to walk yesterday (not pain free) and hope to do so today.  Not much on sale at the grocery store(s) or Walmart, but I did find the items I wanted.  I even splurged on some cherries.  Late in the day, I went by the office and did some filing.

My DD's annual physical results were pretty good (except she is quite low on vitamin D), and she is cleared for HRT treatment.  And, my DGD is doing okay -- resting a lot as the doctor ordered.

Today I am visiting one of my hospice patients.  The installers are coming to put up the shades in my Arizona room this afternoon.

Waves to Glenda, Fressa, Bernie, Susan, Barbara (are you settling into your new apartment okay?), and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice Thursday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Sorry to hear about the severe storms (and power loss the last few days. So scary with power loss. We had some storms and a few tornatoes (odd ofr us) but nothing like you had. I guess the weather forecasters got this call right. Hopefully, it will calm down.

The A/C new system is finally installed and running. Three days but already it feels better than before. We have quite a bit of reorganizing to do and some bits and pieces of wall repair in the garage and more decluttering in the attic. We had a good crew .

I was trying to keep up to date with reading the posts. Everyone's vacation and activities seemed like a good time for all. 

LindaLatte--Hope you get some relife soon.

I was so happy that I have a few roses blooming on the new bushes. YIPPEE!! We have some type of "wildlife" spending some time in the side garden. I don't know what it is but it's medium size with teeth and some claws. Not friendly. I'm guessing raccoon because the groundhogs are residing at the other side of the property. That's on the list for the weekend. 

Have a good afternoon.

Respected Contributor

greetings to all, I am doing voice typing again, so please excuse the errors in punctuation, etc. I used to edit for my one of my professors and I'm very aware of correct English. Lol

Linda I am quite worried about your leg issues. Does your PT say it's OK for you to walk? I would hate to see you fall and hurt yourself just talking from experience. I may send you an email when I have some time 

fressa.... good to hear that your AC is working. It would be fun to have animals around to watch it to be able to garden. However there is no place here for that. I may try to get Oreo, my dog who Molly has up here eventually

Glenda I am so glad you didn't have bad storms. The tornado season is absolutely horrible. When my son drove back from Arizona he made sure he went way north up through Colorado and Wyoming to miss any bad storms

the weather said we could possibly have some storms later today.

right now it is 60 and raining and I am freezing. It's supposed to be in the low 80s next week so that will be better

I am in North Dakota. I think I told you that I am moving to four doors down to a big two bedroom apartment with lots of light and windows. I am very excited about the move. The space I'm in is not workable for all the stuff that I have plus I will have a extra bedroom for people who want to visit. I've got a garage space so that is quite a big deal because the because the winter here are awful

my granddaughter graduates tomorrow night so because the kids think I'm not capable of driving two hours lol and my daughter is picking me up later today. It should be a fun time.

Sydnie is coming back with me to help unpack and move stuff from this apartment to the one down the hall. My movers are supposed to come on Monday and then we can get the new place set up and make it more like home

adjusting to apartment life is going to be a change for me.

I've met some very nice women, but haven't connected with anyone yet. There is a group of women who gather every day in the great room to to sit in gibber jabber

oh my I say.

I may have to form a couple of groups like a book club that I could function with, but that will be next fall. Anyway, I am pretty happy with the move, but it's going to take a period of time to adjust

Bernie, the older we get the more aches and pains come. Take care of yourself. Hope you miss any bad storms

have a wonderful day. I should be able to post more often once I get myself settled🥰🥰