Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME SUNDAY, FEB.13th)

Good Evening!  It is quite warm and sunny here -- made it to 80 degrees, which is well above normal.  They are still predicting much cooler weather starting on Wednesday with a chance of rain.

Having church outdoors was nice today, and I took a walk after church.  After a late lunch, I went to the gym.

So far, I haven't found anything here that is calling my name.  Glad you didn't pre-order yesterday's TSV only to find the quality wasn't good, Bernie.

Just heard from Bev, and she is doing much better.  She had a chemo treatment (directly into the bladder) on Friday, and since then no bleeding.  She will need more treatments, but hopefully only every other week and at the local hospital.  Her is back is hurting (not sure if any relation to her other problems), plus she is still lacking in energy.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope you have enjoyed your Sunday.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME SUNDAY, FEB.13th)

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  Please send your temps my way.  It is supposed to get in the 50's next week so nicer weather is coming.  Glad to hear Bev is feeling better, I am keeping her in my thoughts.  

There isn't much going on here, we are watching shows we recorded this week.. I am not a big football fan so not sure how much of the Superbowl we will watch.  I do like the commercials but I am sure we will see them all in the next couple days.  

Not much else to report, have a good evening everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, that's good news about Bev.  Keeping her in my prayers.  It was a sunny cool day here which I enjoy .  40's on Wednesday and maybe snow. How much is anybody's guess.  We need snow, so I hope we get some.  We had a dusting overnight.  11 down & 14 to go.  

Susan, I am not a football fan either, but I enjoy the ads.  We just saw our former sil's company's ad Hoholic and it was cute.  They we saw my dh's Frito Lay ad which are always cute.  My dh retired from Frito Lay 19 years ago after 32 years of making Fritos.

Fressa, I have a new rx company this year and it took quite a while for the nurse and Dr. to figure it out.  3 of my rx's that were $3.45 for a three month supply are free, my xarelto is $43 for a 30 day supply and the Uloric is waiting to get me on the formulary exception list.  The fun never ends!

I did two loads of laundry this morning and ironed 3 of the shirts that I washed yesterday.  One is a long sleeved one that he got from Frito Lay when he was still working.  It's such a nice thick denim, but I don't like to iron it.

This morning, I made a batch of SF chocolate cupcakes to go with our Super Bowl party for 2. I bought a container of taco party dip for $3.50 at the grocery store on Friday.  Got a bag of round tortilla chips for $1.25 at Aldi's & a pkg. of little smokies from the other grocery store for $2.75.  My dh said it was the best Super Bowl supper he has ever had.  Total cost $7.50 & there's enough for another meal. Plus a can of soda each.

We are going to a Valentine's party tomorrow at our senior center. We went two years ago and it was a lot of fun. It's going to be some good musical entertainment  On Tuesday morning, my dh is getting his annual brain scan.  We are praying for the best.  Then we are going to have lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and do some shopping at Hobby Lobby and Kohl's.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

I'm glad that Bev hasn't been bleeding Linda @LindaLatte  The back pain is concerning and I continue to pray for more good days than bad for Bev.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Susan @PAlady   we got surprised with a bit of snow today.  It looked pretty all afternoon and was light and airy.  I was able to shovel all of it in about 30 minutes last night.  I didn't watch the game last night however I kept checking on the score and was pulling for the Bengals.  It's been a long time since they won the superbowl.

Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70   I hope you are your husband enjoyed your personal Superbowl party last night.  Have fun at the Valentine's Day party today.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---I keep a list in my phone of what I paid and on which plan so I can check the prescription before they ring it. I have quite a few. The same ones are priced sky high with our prescription plan each month and the others vary by a few dollars each time you refill. The Spriva for 3months is about $700 with insurance and $110 with GoodRX. The Cinemetine (stomach) pill is $353 3months with insurance and $59 with Good RX. I swear they make it a challenge as their goal. I've been checking Single Care prices and they look reasonable depending on the medication. Our insurance will allow you to fill a prescription from other carriers so that's good. It alters the deductible but with the $ saved for the medication I figure it is still worth it. What a challenge.UGH!!

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Thanks for the update on Bev. I'm glad that she's receiving some relief. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I kept switching channels to catch some of the fashion with some of the other programs. I saw a few items that caught my eye but the price stopped me. I took a good look in my closet and discvoered that I do need a few pair of crop/capri pants, no joggers, no jeans, a few pair of leggings (maybe) and maybe 2 tunic tops. It was good to know exactly what was there. I ordered the 2 pair of D&Co crop pants this morning. Crossing my fingers that they fit.