Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, April 11)

Good morning shopping friends. It isa sunny day with showers in the forecast. I just finishe filling my med organizer; That is a pain but same time over the week. I just finished a dose and felt like barfing it up. It has settled down.

Lalst night I didn't sleep well so at  Midnight I was paying bills before I forget them. I'm losing track of time and days. There is a rumor afoot that Amazon is considering building a distribution center in the city near me.

I m not ordering any clothes until the weight stabilizes. I am not ordering the TSV as I just purchased one from a furniture store in the city,. It was good seeing Jill again!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, April 11)

Hi Everyone!

KomKat--It sounds like we are having the same weather. We had surprise rain showers all night thru early am. The sun is finally out but some rain is predicted. It's watered the gardens so I'm happy about that.

Sorry that your sleep pattern is in a "state". Hopefully, that will settle down as you recover.

Finally after all these years of trying to grow flowers in the front porch garden with my camo thumb they are in bloom. I have tulips, hyachints and daffodills. The deer must have found a way into the hosta and hedges in the back for their meals. LOL

Yesterday we did major outdoor chores with all the new and repaired equipment. It all worked great so I had a giant sigh of relief. It actually took less time than usual and I think it was because everything was in better working condtion. Using the SunJoe battery equipment is so quiet we could get out there a bit early and not disturb anyone. 

Today's "excitement" will be hanging the 1/4 acre Dyna Trap inside the garage. I've seen this the last few years and finally purchased one. Our garage door is opened often and I thought this would be a good solution . Now where to hang it near a plug and away from the cars and equipment. I may scrub car mats but I'm waiting to see if the sun is staying out or not. I sure can have fun around here.

I watched some of the Q this morning. I enjoy seeing Carolyn and Pat together. I love the Dysons and was tempted with this full size canister but the $ stopped me. I'llhave to think about this even if it is selling quickly. I saw quite a few clothing items in the GILI program that caught my eye. (unusual for me) I'm still thinking about the flowy top. I guess I'll busy myself with some domestic chore and check my cart later. My budget always does better with that method.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPlAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, April 11)

Fressa--I do hope your green thunb produces amazing results, I've given up on that efffort as the time spent on it doesn't result in pride and joy of efforts.

The Dyson? I had one and I have a Shark. Have no desire to get another Dyson. The Shark does a great job!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry about your sleeping problem. 

I thought I was up late last night doing my weekly financial review, including paying bills.  But, I decided 10:30 p.m. was quite late enough.  I slept fairly well except for a middle of the night dream that woke me up.  Not a bad dream, just enough to get my brain started again.  I finished up first thing this morning.

It is partially cloudy here with a high of 89 degrees predicted.  They are predicting cooler (low to mid 80's temperatures starting on Tuesday).  

Glad you got your pills organized.  I don't take medication, but lots of vitamins and supplements, and I usually organize them on Saturday.

Your flowers sound so lovely, Fressa.  Glad your yard work went well yesterday, and the new equipment is helping.

I have never purchased a Dyson, but I know many love their vacuums.  My "go to" vacuum is an Oreck upright that I have had for 14 years or so.  I have purchased others which I ended up donating.  But, I do have a nice canister vacuum (Miele) which I use for areas not accessible to the Oreck.  

My church had outdoor services this morning which were "live streamed" on Facebook.  I was thinking about going to (watching) the early service, but decided to take my walk early when it is cooler.  The "live stream" was okay, but I prefer the Zoom version due to the quality of the video an audio.  

I ordered V37519 (Microfiber Dusting Gloves and Glass Cleaning Mits) since the price looked good, and I am pretty lazy about dusting.  Hope these will help motivate me.

My plans for the day are do do an exercise DVD, some cleaning and cooking, plus picking up my Walmart order.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am glad that you are getting some 🌞🌞🌞.  We had rain all day yesterday, but it ended this morning and we are supposed to have a sunny 50's week.  It's perfect for me.  It's too bad that one of your meds made you feel yucky.  I have one rx that can only be filled for a 30 day supply, but my rheumatologist said that he is going to put down a 90 day supply.  He said it works this way sometimes.  We are hoping to hit the road as soon as we feel safe to do so.  

Fressa, it looks like you have a Green Thumb.  I never did & never will.  As long as my 6 🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅 plants produce, I am happy.  We have a nice farmer's market, so I am able to get a lot of nice things at a good $$.

The excitement around here started on Friday morning when my bf called me and said that within 5 minutes, she had gotten 3 phone calls telling her not to go downtown, which is where she was headed.  Their bank downtown had been robbed. They only have two banks. The robber entered the bank with a gun and left with no $$$.  The restaurant that we got a carry out from last week ordered the customers out the back door.  All schools were on lockdown as were the stores in the area.  The gunman did a warning shot in the air & then proceeded to shoot at the 2 cops.  They shot back and the gunman died yesterday.  My bf  lives about 25 miles from us in IL & the gunman is from the same town that my dh's eye dr. brother lives in which is 35 miles from us in a different direction.  

Our spring cleaning job is going well.  At least the main floor is done & we are in the basement.  Hopefully by the end of the week, we will be done.  

I am having a lazy day listening to our favorite radio station.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we were posting at the same time.  We had 5 days of near 80° days which is much above normal.  Now we are supposed to have a sunny week in the 50's.  My DH uses an upright Singer, I use a Eureka canister vacuum and a hand held Euro Pro Z which is used for the Subaru.  My cleaning cloths are microfiber ones for utility, stainless steel, glass and wood which I purchased at the World's Largest Truck Stop in IA, a few years ago.  

My financial work is balancing the checkbook each month.  Sometimes, I tell my dh that I need an accountant.  

I am sitting in my recliner looking at the brand new Hoover Smartwash carpet cleaner  which we bought with our state/federal tax refund $$.   I hope that It's not smarter than we are.  As soon as our spring cleaning job is done, we will be doing the carpets.  I have always rented a machine, but with the pandemic, I don't want to rent a machine.  Life is so exciting I know.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

You made me look Jean @KonaKat  when you mentioned Jill.  Good for her on scoring the brand ambassador gig.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Whoo Glenda @twinny70  that kind of excitement I can do without.  My goodness, that's scary.

Honored Contributor

We had some last night that will continue on and off through Tuesday.  Considering we were approaching drought conditions, I don't mind.  All of the plant life and the robins need the rain.

Since my sister hasn't been texted by Meijer's yet about a covid vaccine appointment, I found one for her for this coming Friday.  It's county run and hosted not far from me.  In the event Mejier's texts her first I can always release the county appointment.  If she gets the county first, she can decline Meijers when the text finally comes in.

I also happened to snag two appointments for my youngest niece (Goddaughter) on my side of town tomorrow.  She'll be getting the Pfizer which is what she hoped for.

Here lately the odds of hitting some kind of lottery game in Michigan is higher than finding an appointment.  Eldest niece is fully vaccinated.  Her husband got his first Pfizer on Holy Saturday.  I'll have a bit more peace of mind when we're all vaccinated.