Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, SEPT. 10)

Good morning, shopping friendss. It is a beautiful sunny day and a great day for relaxing. Either today or tomorrow, I will be heading for the city to see the movie "Sully." Right now, this chair is so comfy as I watch AM Style and pay bills online.

It seems unreal that six weeks of school have passed. Yesterday, we had Homecoming festivities and we had to stand in the hot 95 degree sun for over an hour with the kiiddies to watch the parade in town. By the end of the day by the time we returned by bus to the school 8 miles away, I wasn't feeling the greatest.

What's on the shopping list? Gas for the car and food for Midnight and me. I have enough clothes, etc. to do me forever or it seems like that. I do know I definitely don't need the TSV so that is easy to pass.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, SEPT. 10)

HI Ladies!!  Jean, thank you for starting.  I've heard good things about that movie.  I hope you enjoy it!!  The TSV is an easy pass for me, too.  I'm with you on not needing any more clothes, but "wanty" tends to disagree.

It is a very hot, humid day here...I'm not a fan of this weather, so fall can't get it soon enough.  We have a barbecue for my niece and nephew's 10th birthday today, and other than that, it's laundry and a bit of cleaning on my list.

Things are fairly quiet in my world...which is just fine with me!!  I've been reading daily, keeping up with all you, just always feel like it's too late to post.  LindaL, so happy things are going so well.  Thinking of all of you...whatever your plans, enjoy the day!!!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Jean and Karen.

It was raining when I woke up at 6am.  I didn't set my alarm so I could sleep in and I was up at 6am, lol.  I watched (okay listened to) AM Style and will be heading off to my official consultation with the new tattoo artist around noon.

I just looked out the front window and see the trees are bouncing around in the breeze.  Wonder if we are going to get more rain?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Morning, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, I would have been done in also after the Homecoming event in that weather, don't take well to hot/humid at all

Was getting ready to head out to the store but it started to rain, & the sky is getting dark, so decided to wait & see, nothing that important, but did want to drop off 3 bags to Salvation Army.

Now think I better start some laundry, etc

Good Week-end to all

Essie

Honored Contributor

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat for the start. Really 6 weeks already, wow, that seems crazy to me, lol. I have noticed that without having kids in school anymore I don't pay any attention to when it starts and ends. But, gee, Labor Day weekend was just last week.

I too, have enough clothes to last the rest of my life. As most of you know, I mostly wear classic style clothing, so it stays in style for a long time and therefore I rarely need to update things. Hence, when I shop it is nearly always a 'want', not a need. I could easily donate 2/3 of my closet and still have plenty to wear. Why I don't do that, I am not sure, lol. Maybe because I love what I have.

I did not watch AMS this morning, just wasn't in the mood, I will probably go over and read the weekly thread at some point to see if I missed anything interesting, lol.

If you go to the city, have fun. I want to see that movie also. And with it being a Clint Eastwood (director) I am sure it will be good. I find I really like the movies he directs.

@ksmitty28, it finally cooled off here, overnight, and I think the humidity is down also. That humidity just kills me, whew! Although it is a bright beautiful clear day, everything is soggy, so not much desire to do anything outdoors today. Things are quiet here also, I'm good with that, lol.

Today is trucker girls birthday. She will get in sometime tonight I think, hopefully I will see her tomorrow. Not sure. I know she will want to see her kids on Sunday. Then runner girl (my oldest daughter) has started her cross country drive to begin her new job. She is in Denver now, visiting with her son and grandson now, and will make another stop for a few days to visit with her daughter and granddaughter, then will stop at my house for a night or two, then head on for Virginia.

My big spend for this week was to order new drawer pulls for all my kitchen cabinets, 32 pulls. I got them from overstock dot com and should receive them in about a week. First time ordering from there. Don't know what to expect, but the pulls got 5 star ratings. We will see.

After nearly a week feeling sidelined from walking due to knees hurting so bad, last night I did a short 1 mile walk and made it ok, although my knees felt kind of wobbly (for lack of a better term), but they are no worse today, so I think I just need to stop going at it so hard and as fast as I can walk. I always push myself to go further each day and that may be a mistake, for me, at this point anyway.

3 weeks and I am still waiting for anything to be done by the crew who did the work on water lines and installed the fire hydrant on correcting the mess they left me with, color me disgusted, lol.

No other news. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Karen--It is so good to see you posting. I completely understand the reading and not posting. Sometimes, when I come home I will read but don't have the energy at that time to post an appropriate reply that will not overlook anyone. I know all about "wanty." I just read something in the beauty forum so I had to go to the Macy's website to check it out. So far the PTR deal is just in my cart.

Bernie--I must have listen to AM Style also. Other than the TSV, I can't remember any item that was presented. I do hope the tatoo presentation goes well.

Essie--I do hope your weather improves so you can drop off the donations and then shop. At least the weather will no interfere with the laundry.

Snicks--I do hope you enjoy your new drawer pulls. Also I hope that the knee pain improves. Like you, I tend to buy clothes that are more classic and tend to stay in style for a longer period of time, something that is important with the rising costs.

I am just enjoying relaxing so much that I'm postponing the trip to the city until Sunday. Tuesday, I have the appointment for the MRI of lower back and legs.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, hope you have a good meeting with the new artist.
Honored Contributor

@spix, 3 bags for Salvation Army, you go girl. I have laundry to do also, am procrastinating, lol.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Jean....I like hot weather but don't think I'd want to standing around in that heat watching a parade!  Six weeks already,time sure passes quick, kids here just started last week .

Happy Birthday to trucker girl Snicks....today is my DH birthday too!  THe kids will be coming up and we'll go out to eat.

Bernie hope you like this tattoo artist and you get the design that you want.  Sorry about the rain and delayed garden work...

Essie  good job at the donation center, I had taken one bag myself yesterday.

It's another hot,humid day here,not complaining though......Karen have fun at the BBQ...do you still have your pool open? A few more weeks for us then I will call and have the pool service close....a sad time for me!,

Guess that's about it.....have a great day everyone.....Marijane

Honored Contributor

@Genny1, Happy Birthday to your DH. Enjoy dinner out. Good job on the donations. Have fun in the pool as long as you can. We closed ours last weekend, too many trees around ours, leaves are starting to fall already and the water doesn't stay warm enough when night temps drop below 60, even for a night or two.