Frequent Contributor

A278157 Bob Mackie's knit top

Woman Sad

ARe you kidding me?!?!

The stripes do not matchup at all- crappy would be my review of this!

Honored Contributor

Re: A278157 Bob Mackie's knit top

Differing opinions...the stripes match up with another stripe.  It may not be the same stripe but it's close enough for me.  You'd have to study it to notice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Whoa,there.  Thought it looked nice.  Bet it doesn't pill and stain like SG. 

Honored Contributor

@floridagal46 wrote:

Woman Sad

ARe you kidding me?!?!

The stripes do not matchup at all- crappy would be my review of this!

I also noticed that and was going to post about it.  I've never liked his fashions, but I always thought they were good quality.  That top was horribly made.

I watch Isaac M. all the time.  He has always said that if the patterns and stripes don't match at every seam, it has been cheaply made.

That top screamed "cheap!"

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've got this top in both the black and the pink colors and I love it! The stripes not matching is deliberate; they give interest and draw the eye to them and away from any body shape "flaws". It's not meant to be a directional print. It is very well-made and doesn't wrinkle; great for traveling. I have gotten compliments from a broad age range of people on this top. The weave feels light, but the top is not see-through. It fits nicely in the shoulders, bust, and arms but then loosens up by the hips. I've worn it in 90+ degree weather and have been comfortable in it - and I tend to run hot.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mayfayre wrote:

I've got this top in both the black and the pink colors and I love it! The stripes not matching is deliberate; they give interest and draw the eye to them and away from any body shape "flaws". It's not meant to be a directional print. It is very well-made and doesn't wrinkle; great for traveling. I have gotten compliments from a broad age range of people on this top. The weave feels light, but the top is not see-through. It fits nicely in the shoulders, bust, and arms but then loosens up by the hips. I've worn it in 90+ degree weather and have been comfortable in it - and I tend to run hot.

@Mayfayre You keep on wearing it too.  I love his clothes.  The quality of his clothes are excellent.  They will last forever.  I don't go for his loud prints, but more of the suttle ones.  He may be expensive for tops but his clothes are worth every dime spent.   Enjoy your top and wear it in good health for many years to come.  You have great taste.  

Esteemed Contributor

As a Seamstress....that is called an uneven or unbalanced stripe. Although I like things to always match, that is sewed correctly with the 'chevron' in the front.