Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 22)

Hi everyone - We just got back from my mother's house.  We baked butterball cookies, spritz, fudge, and a white chocolate party mix.  My DD accidentally burned a tray of the spritz, but everything else seemed to turn out nice.

Marijane - if I lived close by, I would love to wrap gifts for you.  That's one of my favorite things to do.  Like the others, I'm glad to hear that your son is doing better.  That's a long time for him to have been out of work.  To be honest, my Mom has grown weary of hosting the holidays too.  But two of the three daughters have houses that are too small in which to host a big group, including me.  I try to take as much of the burden off of my Mom as I can.  Tomorrow afternoon I will do all of the grocery shopping for her and take it to her place.  When the day comes, we tell her to sit and chat with her grandkids, while my sisters and I do all the cooking.  The husbands and kids do the clean-up.

twinny - no, you wouldn't have wanted to mend my DS's stinky coat, lol.  It was kind-of gross.  Only a mother would do something like that!!!  I'm glad to hear that your DD is such a big help at the holidays.  

Linda - as a matter of fact, I am familiar with the JAI jewelry collection.  So... I had looked at the line for a few years and liked it, but to be honest, I thought it was a bit too expensive.  The past month or so, the Q has been phasing out the African-inspired line, so I purchased a few pieces as lunchtime specials.  The first piece I bought was a mesh bracelet with a leopard figure, and I just love the way it looks and feels.  That made me buy a couple more, but they are currently wrapped and under the tree, as my Christmas gifts, so I can't tell you if I like all of them equally as well.  If I don't like the other ones as much as the first, then I'll return them.  Too expensive to keep if I don't "love" them.