Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 15)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. Nothing new here. Right now, I'm just relaxing from a full week of work by watching AM Style.  I have no desire to buy the TSV.

I did check yesterday's QF TSV price today and see that it is $5 higher today. There just isn't a big price difference between TSV's on the day offered versus "the day after."  Unless there are some other specials built into the offering, then sometimes it might pay to delay and read the reviews....or hope it shows up in "as is." 

I have purchased a couple of "as is" fashions which had no problem but the price was definitely better. The only "as is" that did not work and had a problem was an IM item.

I likely will venture to the city  sometime this weekend as I need groceries and also to get my nails done. Right now, I'm just enjoying sitting here and relaxing. Well, I may not venture out this weekend. I had forgotten that this was Easter weekend so it will be a mess in the city.

This makes the second attempt to post. The first attempt was met with a message that I had failed some authentication test despite signing in and it asked me to return to my original page. When I did that, it informed me that I was attempting some malicious attack on the website and to contact customer service. I just closed the site and then began again with success this time with no different efforts.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 15)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you had problems with posting.  Probably not a great weekend to go into the city which may well be especially crowded.  The grocery store was very crowded yesterday, as was Wal-Mart on Wednesday.  

No TSV for me either.  Since we are three hours behind "Q" time now, there isn't much opportunity to watch AM Style.  But, I really do enjoy seeing Leah.  

Nothing exciting here.  I have started the laundry, and I'll be doing my weekly financial review later.  I'm headed out for my walk soon.  

DH was fine yesterday, but the hospice caregiver told me that they had trouble getting him out of bed in the morning again.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I'm glad they caught that dangerous guys, twinny.  What a shame he disrupted things in the whole community.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I'm sorry that DH is having problems getting out of bed in the morning. Laundry has piled up here so this sounds like a good day to do mine also. I just went to the local overpriced supermarket for some things to tide me over, and will need to add that to my financial tracking for the month.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Image result for happy easter passover pics

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, you had a busy week, so it would feel good to take it easy.  I did grocery shopping on Thursday & just picked up a few forgotten things yesterday.  I also get that same message & I didn't do anything differently.  Probably not a good idea to go to the city this weekend.

Linda L, it sounds like your DH is holding his own which is a blessing.  You are a wonderful caretaker & it is nice that he still smiles at you.

I didn't sleep well last night.  Too much excitement going on around here.  Yes. It was a Good Friday because they caught the gun store robber.  Our local bank robber is still on the loose though.

I had a nice lunch out yesterday with some of my former work friends.  One now works at  grade school in yoiwn & mentioned how restless the children have been being cooped up in school all day.

DH & I fun at the firemen's fish fry last night.  Lots of people that we knew & some that we didn't recognize.  One couple sat across from us & when my  DH called him by his first name, I had to whisper "who is that?". It was the dad of one of our DD's ex BF's.  She dated his son for 3 years while in HS.  We actually thought that he would be our future sil.  

Our DD & family are coming after lunch & staying overnight.  I did some quick dusting, hung 2 loads of laundry outside & made up the guest bedroom.

We are expecting thunderstorms this afternoon & evening, but now it is sunny & 70's.  Tomorrow promises to be 65° & sunny.  

DH is grilling out for dinner tonight & I am fixing a nice lunch for tomorrow after church.  Then the DGC will be searching for their Easter eggs.  I will hide the 5 baskets inside.  Our dgd has a new dress so it will be nice to see her looking like a nice young lady.

I am taking a nap after lunch.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I was going to watch AM style starting around the 8 o'clock hour until I saw a post that April the giraffe was in labor.  I watched that instead and witnessed something sacred this morning :-)

I then did the grocery shopping.  It wasn't too bad in the check out lines - I used self serve "u" scan.

It seems to be getting breezier since I came home.  I have almost all of the windows cracked to get some fresh air in the house and occasionally I'm hearing the pull for the blinds rattle from the breeze. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise