Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR. 14)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I know Jean is having some testing done today, and I am hoping and praying she gets very positive news.  Also sending prayers for pinky ann's DH who is very sick.  

It is a sunny and warm day here in southern Arizona.  I have seem news reports of terrible storms in other areas of the country.  I hope things are okay where you live.

This morning, DH's caretaker said that they were going to change our caretaker to another person since she had too many patients.  I was not happy since I know DH likes her, and I am comfortable with her as well.  I expressed my concerns, and she said that she would tell them that she would continue with DH and change a different patient.  Thank goodness for that.  

Yesterday, DH was not his best -- unsteady on his feet and almost fell a few times, which is frightening to me.  He seems to be doing better today.  He was up quite a bit last night, and I didn't get enough rest -- you know how that goes.  I have a bookclub meeting this afternoon, and I have hired a caregiver to sit with DH while I am away.   I plan to take a walk this morning, and hopefully do my "strong bones" workout at home as well.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Susan, Bernie, snicks, spix, Marijane, Rosa, Charlene, LindaR, Karen, Gayle, Barbara, pinky ann (extra hugs to you), and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda 

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR. 14)

[ Edited ]

LindaL, thanks for starting us off today.  I'm sorry that DH had a bad day yesterday. 

My eldest sister fell twice on Saturday and I got the call last night (too late to visit the hospital) that she was taken to the hospital via ambulance around midnight (Saturday into Sunday).  It's a long story.  For now, short of a large hematoma on her head and being hydrated because she came down with some virus after the 5 year old's birthday party (I attended just a week ago Sunday), she is okay.  She had seen a neurologist about the weak leg last week and is scheduled for testing.  Today would have been the EMG?  I don't know if that's it - where they test your nerves by tormenting you with needles and electrical current.

My 5 year old niece, who just had her party has pneumonia. 

If any of you are inclined to say a prayer for my great niece and my sister, I sure would appreciate it. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all, thanks @LindaLatte for starting. Sorry DH is having a hard time, but glad to read that the caretaker can switch a different patient. Hope you enjoy your bookclub and get your strong bones workout done.

Wishing Jean well with the testing today.

Also sending good thoughts out to pinky ann for her DH.

@Bird mama, so sorry to hear about your sister and great neice both. Hope they will both recuperate quickly. And I hope you don't come down with anything either. Goodness, when it rains it pours.

1. I finished getting all the way around the downstairs bathroom with the spackling compound this morning, finally. It will need to be sanded smooth and probably some places will need spackled again, hopefully not all of it though, then once it's all smoothed out, I can begin the paint job. I am going to remove the baseboard and repaint that also, so it's quite the project. We'll see how long this takes me, lol. Nice weather here today, sunny and 64 degrees, after a wet, damp, dreary weekend. Take care. Waves.....
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @LindaLatte for the start, sorry to hear DH had a bad nite, but glad to know that the caretaker was able to cancel the change, sometimes I wonder what people are thinking,  Hope you can get some rest.

@Bird mama, sorry to hear about your sister  & niece, the little ones just don't understand why they feel so badly, hope you stay well.  Of course my prayers are with you, your sister, & niece

Finally got out to get my DG B-Day gift, got a pair of really cute sneakers (silver) skinny pants (yep 7 yrs old & that's what she wants)  & a cute sweat shirt w/lace shoulders, she is such a fashionista so I hope she'll be happy with her gift, if not DD will be the one to return & substitute  lol

We're cloudy but no rain, I,m hoping for the rain tomorrow as I park outdoors at the airport, & my car is filthy!! so I'm pulling a Bernie

Have a good day

Honored Contributor

@pinky ann

Prayers going to heaven from me for your beloved.

Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone - Prayers being said for so many of you!  Jean - I hope that your procedures are going smoothly and of course, that the results are good.  LindaL - sorry that your DH had a rough day yesterday.  I hope that you are able to keep the same caregiver that you both like.  Also hope that you're able to get in the activities that are meaningful and helpful to you.  Bernie - so sorry to hear that your niece has pneumonia, and that your sister has health problems.  I hope that doctors can figure out exactly what's wrong with her and give her the treatment she needs.  Snicks - sounds like you are hard at work - I hope the painting project turns out well.  

I am feeling stressed today and it's taking it's toll on my neck.  (I have Dystonis in my neck and stress is one of several triggers).  Driving out of town Friday made my neck sore, but I figured that it would go away.  Then yesterday, it's weird, but our church announced that it was hiring a new associate pastor, and it happens to be a man that we don't care for.  We're already in the procress of hiring a new youth pastor, and then this announcement came totally out of the blue, and the church members were not asked for input.  I don't even think our church can afford it.  I'm kind-of perplexed and upset by the whole situation. My DH and I have an appointment in an hour to talk to our lead pastor to find out what's going on.  

Then we realized that our one male castrated goat named Quigley is sick.  My DH told me last night that Quigley was off his feed and seemed sick.  This morning he was worse.  I called my DD, sent her pictures and described what was going on.  She said to take him to a vet.  So...we have an appointment to see the closest livestock vet which is 45 minutes away.  That'll be at 4:30 this afternoon.  Thankfully my DH got someone to cover for him while he's on-call at work, so my DH can help load up the goat and drive.  Just thinking about taking care of the goat by myself was causing my Dystonia to kick in.  My muscles were tightening and starting to twitch, and then I was crying because it makes me feel kind-of weak and useless.  Most days my health is okay, but when a series of stressful things happen, I don't do so well.  Anyway, I hope that Quigley will be okay.

Thanks for "listening"... Hugs to all!  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

@cerb

OMG, I am sorry Quigley is sick.  Incidentally, how is your female goat (Daisy?) who wasn't feeling well?

I'm sorry your neck is bothering you from all of this stress.  I can sort of relate as I am on my own with my sparrows and pigeon.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone!  I am home from the procedure of which I remember zero except the prep. The news is good; the cancer has not returned to either the bladder or t he kidneys. I go back in six months for an appointment at which time I will discover what type of "fun" they next have in for me.

There are many who are ill or experiencing things that are creating challenges for them and their loved ones as well as those who have lost loved ones. . Let us continue to remember them in prayer.

I had little sleep last night so I'm heading for the bed to rest. I still have a slight anesthesia "hangover."

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KonaKat

If I wasn't sitting at my desk at work - I'd be yelling Thank God and doing this

I am so happy that you received the all clear!!!
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It was supposed to be a rainy day with thunderstorms forecast, but the sun is out; I guess the rain will come later.  I have to run a few errands, so I'll be off in a little while; the dogs will be happy to have an outing. Maybe I'll take them to BK for chicken nuggets.

Wonderful news, Jean - God is good! Cat LOL

LindaL, it's a good thing your DH's caretaker will continue on with him; he doesn't need anything in his life to get him further confused and upset.

Charlene, I hope Quigley is OK; I was under the impression that livestock vets came to one's farm/home.  Like you I'm usually OK except when I'm stressed; that's when the pain kicks in.

I thought my second class started today but I just double-checked when I didn't see it pop up on Blackboard (the program that handles classes) and it's not until next week. It's hard to believe the first class is already more than half over. Cat Surprised The new class is in International Business.

Bird, hope your sister and niece are doing better.

Guess I should get dressed and get moving - I'm still on the "old" time, although I appreciate it staying light out longer.  Temps are supposed to hit the 80s later this week, so I have to start thinking about getting out more lightweight tops; I did get a few more things set aside for the missions closet yesterday.  I'm trying to not buy any more clothing, as I have more than I can use.  Much of it is a size too small, so if I lose weight I'll both save on my food bill (eating less) and on my clothing budget, since I can use "new" things that I have and not buy more.  BTW, I got a shrimp sampler from Sam's, and made the tempura shrimp, which was wonderful; today I may try the coconut.

Have a blessed day, everyone.