Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN.23)

Good Evening!  As predicted, it was cold last night, and only 24 degrees when I got up.  I put on my winter coat to take out the trash.  It warmed up into the 50's this afternoon, and it wasn't as windy or cloudy as yesterday.  We have another hard freeze warning tonight.  Hope none of the predicted storms are a problem for any of you.

I heard from Jean that she got the cast off her broken wrist yesterday. She said that the skin looks like an alligator and it in is shedding. (I saw a picture today, and it certainly isn't pretty).  The good news is that she finally can take a shower or bath. (Previously she was limited to a sponge bath.)  She was given exercises to do and I go back to the doctor in 3 weeks.

Glad you got your taxes done, Bernie.  I need to wait until I get all the forms, and some are not expected until late February.  I have started putting some information into Turbo Tax.

Your Christmas tree project is way beyond me.  Like Fressa, I would like to see the finished product if and when it is completed. 

I can't imagine living in all that snow, Fressa.  I am okay looking at it on the mountains or if a few flakes come and only stick to the grass, but....  Unlike some people, I am not a confident snow driver, and used to take the bus when the snow was heavy and I needed to go to work.  Not good memories.  I did like sledding down the street (dead end) when I was a kid.

There weren't many people at the senior lunch program today (probably due to the cold weather), but a photographer wanted to take pictures of the salad bar in action, and I was rushed getting things set up.  Hopefully the pictures came out okay.

After lunch, I went to the gym, and then to the hospice office to work on the letters.  I wasn't able to complete them before they closed at 5:00 p.m., so I'll do that tomorrow or Thursday afternoon.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN.23)

LindaLatte--Thanks for the update on Jean. Glad the cast is off.That's always a good sign.

Hope the photos of the salad bar look good. Food pictures can be difficult to capture.

Sounds like you're as busy as always with the Hospice duties. Nice you were able to still get to the gym.