Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, FEB 16)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is pouring the rain with flash flood warnings issued. I am home early from work because of a large power outage in the county caused by downed trees hitting power lines. Fortunately, I still have electricity and hope it will last.

I just turned on the Q to see the Susan Graver TSV. I like it but I am resisting a purchase right now.  I'm just not in a purchasing mood right now. I think the upcoming trip to England has something to do with it.

I know we are always talking about decluttering but I saw this on Facebook and it is a different approach:

fortydays.jpg

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, FEB 16)

good morning Jean, thanks for starting.   I hope you do not lose your power ,that happens frequently here during storms even though I have all underground utilities.   the pix you posted from f.b. Is an idea I have been doing the past two years...one of my friends had posted it last year...I already have two items in my bag...with a lot more I can add.  

IT is a rainy day here,mid 50's but the crazy thing is we have gotten several winter storm warnings for the weekend, sat night into Sunday for a possibility of 7 inches of snow.  .

Nothing else is going on here, pizza for supper!     HAve a nice day everyone, Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Thanks for letting us know how well that Lenten idea works. So many wonder what to give up but this is a great way to help others. I certainly hope you don't get the 7 inches of snow later this weekend. The weather is crazy; we are in the high 60s right now which is definitely not the usual for this time of year. Pizza sounds great!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you stay safe, and the power doesn't go off in your home.  I sort of like the TSV (very pretty print), but I didn't have too much trouble resisting -- thank goodness.  I hope this means that I'm getting better at resisting these types of purchases.  Hope any who order it, enjoy it very much.  

Glad that Lenten idea has worked for you Marijane.  Also hope the weather this weekend isn't as stormy as predicted.  Enjoy the pizza.

I'm back from my "strong bones" workout, and I'll be visiting DH in a little while.  He was in pretty good shape yesterday, and the hospice nurse has written an order so he can have soft foods, including soft cookies.  I hope to buy him some soft cookies today or tomorrow.

The caregivers group was lead by a different person yesterday (regular leaders boss), and to be honest, he didn't do a great job.  On top of that, none of the other long-attending participants attended, so I didn't see my buddies.  

We are having unusually cloudy and cool weather here, and we got quite a bit of rain yesterday.  Fortunately, it was the type of rain we need -- not all at once, so hopefully it won't run off quickly.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda.  

Trusted Contributor

Good morning friends! Jean - thanks for getting us started today.  Back in the days when we had very little money, I remember going to the grocery store after Halloween and I would buy some of the sale candy.  I would keep it in the freezer until Christmas and then use it as stocking stuffers.  My kids grew up thinking that Christmas candy was supposed to have pictures of mummies and goblins on it, lol.  I totally get what you mean about all of the FB photos of flowers and such.  I'm sure that Midnight would send you some if he could!  Your upcoming trip to England sounds wonderful.  Linda - How nice that your DH's daughter sent you flowers.  Very thoughtful.  Glad to hear that you got some rain.  We were supposed to get some this week but it never arrived.  In a normal year we would get 12 inches of rain.  This season we've only gotten 2 inches and we only have a month-and-a-half to go. Marijane - hope you get a good amount of rain and the purging of items for Lent goes well.   Bernie - sweet of your sister to give you a Valentine's gift.  And sorry the other day when I confused your DH and your dog.  Oops.  I enjoyed your story about how your DH used to spend a lot of money on  flowers, but you didn't have the heart to tell him that he was being taken, so you told him the story about the funeral home.  Kind-of sad and funny at the same time, if you know what I mean.

I remember one summer (back in our poor days) when it was our anniversary.  My DH had a florist deliver a dozen long stemmed red roses to our house.  I was so dismayed.  I wouldn't even run our air conditioner because we couldn't afford a high electric bill.  So I sat there in our 90 degree house watching those roses wilt before my eyes.  Finally I stuck them in the refrigerator so they'd still look okay before my DH got home.  Then to top it all off, the following month I found out he had charged the flowers when the credit card bill came due.  To this day the whole thing just makes me shake my head.  Like I said before - kind-of sad and funny at the same time.

I rather like the TSV, especially the 2 blue options.  I'm just not sure I would wear it enough to justify it's purchase.  Plus, I've spent a lot of money this month on other things.  I'll have to think about it.  Waiting and thinking is usually a good idea.

I haven't mentioned my cat Finnegan in a while.  Thankfully he's still alive and well, as my DH has kept his promise about not letting the cat get aside.  Anyway, he finally learned the trick of laying down.  So now he comes when called, and he knows "sit", "up", "high-five", and "down".  He's quite good at doing his tricks, because he really, really loves getting treats!

In a while my DD and I are going to go run errands.  Then I'll probably just watch the Olympics and take it easy the rest of the day.  Hope you all have a great day.  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

https://discoveryschoolsecondgrade.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/presidents-day.jpghttp://www.clipartsuggest.com/images/572/rainbow-international-school-enjoy-your-weekend-ajZ55q-clipart.gif

Honored Contributor

Wow Jean @KonaKat  I like the Lenten idea.  Considering Lent just started on 2-14, I could probably catch up too.

I'm sorry you are having so much rain there is flooding and I hope you don't lose power either.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1 I hope you don't get hit with 7 inches of snow. I think we might get a dusting Saturday night. 

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte, great news about your beloved being given food with more texture.  I'm sure he's enjoy soft baked cookies :-)

Honored Contributor

Charlene @cerb   My husband was older than me and I was not his first wife.  I think his former wife was into material things and expected fancy presents.  It was hard for him to adjust to me.  

I'm amazed that you were able to train little Finnegan to do tricks. 

The cats in my life only responded to begging and pleading, lol.