Regular Contributor

I realize changing fashions are your bread and butter but please remember not every customer looks good in certain designs or styles.  Of course there are many who will rush to buy something because it's all the rage but there are many of us who know what does and does not flatter their body.  Lets face it if you are size 0 you look good in most everything.  But the average American women is now size 16.

several times in the past few years I have gone to a large store and been unable to find anything that flatters me or that I even like.  So go ahead and sell your skinny whatever or your ankle pants or your tops which emphasize your hips.  But please give us alternatives!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: dear Designers

[ Edited ]

I have always been very skinny/thin....and when growing up and in my 20's to 50, I never fit in a size 0..........what the heck is that anyway?..............In fact, in HS, I would wear 2-3 pants on at the same time...as I was so insecure about being so thin....and I never wore/bought a size 0.... Now I don't care and at my age I prefer comfort/cute. I think they are not telling the truth or adjusting their sizing on here...  I would not really call any of them real designers either, jmo.

eta // I'm not really skinny any longer...like I was way back then....want to make that clear....

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

The Q has items from 00 to 3X...............I would think that just about covers (pun intended) everyone.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I don't wear skinny pants or ankle pants.  QVC does sell other pants - check their inventory.

Susan Graver, Bob Mackie and Dennis Basso all sell "normal" pants - I wear them.   As do LandsEnd and JCP online.  I know ... I buy them there.

I don't have any hips so I have no problem with tops.  

Lots of places to shop .... look around.

New Contributor

I totaly agree with u! I hate all the thin knits they r selling, layering 3 pieces, have to be skinny for that.Thes new fabrics make me look much fatter. show all the bulgesSmiley Sad Most women today don't seem to care with muffin top etc..  I like old fashioned cotton that don't cling& is cooler in tops. I'm almost 65 & think I'm going to have to start sewing but can't even get fabric anymore like we use to Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

It seems there are choices for everyone.  In the past, QVC had only conservative clothing and there was never  complaining from those of us who didn't like those types of clothing.  It's not like there are no other options for anyone!!!  I'll never understnd why those who don't like   certain styles don't want them to be available for anyone!!