Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS - ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning everyone! I'm up - I had to take Purrcilla in to be spayed at 8 a.m. and got NO sleep at all last night; I kept tossing and turning and finally gave up and got up. I'll have to take a nap, but not too long a one, as then I won't sleep tonight - and I have to pick her up at 7:30 tomorrow morning. I was surprised to find only about a half dozen people with pets at the clinic; usually the line is out the door. I feel so badly for one dog - she's pregnant, and her mom is getting her spayed. I had a "kitty abortion" over 30 years ago and still feel guilty about it. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Of course, Angel went nuts when he saw me drive off without him; fortunately he was on the tie-up, as he managed to get out of the yard and into the driveway, and came running when he saw me. That dog sure has issues - I guess he's afraid he'll be abandoned again.

Last night I tried a new recipe for chocolate carrot cake, except I made it as cupcakes, and my goodness, is it ever good! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I took some to the clinic, and will take some to the library and the PO later, as well as to my friends at the pizza place. I also made a brown sugar quick bread, which is also excellent.

The sun is out right now, but there are more showers predicted for later today and tomorrow. This is getting really, really old! My pool pump is running...I looked to see how the water is, and found that it's been invaded by tadpoles. (sigh) This summer has been a real bust so far!

Have a blessed day everyone - I'm off to take my nap.