Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT MONDAY!!

Good afternoon ladies. Beautiful day here----after a gloomy weekend. As much as I hate the time change I enjoy the sunlight in the evening also.

I see today is ez-pay day. Not biting on this one. Nothing that I need.

Respected Contributor

Karen: I know you are very busy this time of year!!!!

Happy Birthday to Kendall!!!!

The family at church that adopted the five brothers---to add to their adopted daughter were not in church yesterday. If we have heavy rain they can't get out---a lady said they had gone camping for spring break in New Mexico. I can't imagine----2 three year olds and the oldest is 8. Buckling them all in and potty breaks!!!! Oh my goodness! I know Mom and Dad are very strict----but it is obvious they are much loved. They had adopted their daughter as an infant but the others were from two foster homes.

Valued Contributor

Cray day. How do you handle phonecalls from family that tend to call at the busiest part of your day? This is what I am dealing with and every fix I have done to the situation seems to fall short.

Well, that's my day in a nutshell.

Gayle

Esteemed Contributor

KittyFan, Your church family sounds like a couple that we go to church with. They had 3 daughters & then they adopted 3 boys & one girl from the same family & a few years later they adopted another girl. The dad just retired as a physician. Their youngest daughter is 11 & their eldest daughter is about 31. The oldest daughter has been married about 11 years. They wanted children so bad that after trying for 7 years they adopted a beautiful little girl. 10 months later, they did get pregnant and had another little girl. Then two years later they had a baby boy. So, the children are almost 5, almost 4 & almost 2 years old. Last August the 4 year old girl was diagnosed with Leukemia. They are battling all odds but they are a very faithful family. She gets chemo in very high doses right now & I guess she will need chemo for at least the next two years. What a sad story, but we are all faithful followers of the Lord.

Regular Contributor

Twinny...I love meatball stew. My grandmother used to make it all the time.

LindaR - how wonderful to adopt so many children.

LindaL - I am thinking of joining a local bookclub...it sounds like it might be fun.

Arlene - Hope you feel better!!