Respected Contributor

I was looking what was presented tonight on SG's show and saw that TSV scarf top offered again.  Curious as to the reviews, I started to read the most recent and here's somebody giving it low stars because it's a cheap scarf material, no weight etc.   It's chiffon, it's scaft material and I would think the presentations along with the complete description describes it to a "t". 

Some people's kids.

Respected Contributor

I agree.  Some I've read give it 1 or 2 because it took too long to ship or S&H was too expensive, they didn't like the way it was packaged.  Just stick to the product.

Trusted Contributor

Then there's the reviews that they compare to another product so much it's then hard to tell when they write "it" I'm not sure if they're describing the item I looked up or not. I mark as unhelpful if I'm not sure what they're reviewing.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it irritates me when the post reviews something not even related to fit/quality, etc. 

Trusted Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I was looking what was presented tonight on SG's show and saw that TSV scarf top offered again.  Curious as to the reviews, I started to read the most recent and here's somebody giving it low stars because it's a cheap scarf material, no weight etc.   It's chiffon, it's scaft material and I would think the presentations along with the complete description describes it to a "t". 

Some people's kids.

I find the reviews sometimes confusing or totally useless.  There is always one to start off that raves about the product.  Then as you read through them, you may get a mixed bag OR mention of another totally different product.  What irritates me more is the hard sell when the product is being presented. SG said this chiffon top looked good on all heights.  Really???  It didn't look particularly good on SG herself since it was way too long in the back, so petites would be swimming in it.  Why can't they just say the product is best for average or tall women????  They were selling a skirt the other night that was 36 inches for PETITES.  Even the host said it should be rolled up if it is too long.  What designer thinks a 36 inch skirt is the right length for petites???? I guess that's why I rarely watch QVC anymore and just search online if I want something. 

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Some people's kids.

I find the reviews sometimes confusing or totally useless.  There is always one to start off that raves about the product.  Then as you read through them, you may get a mixed bag OR mention of another totally different product.  What irritates me more is the hard sell when the product is being presented. SG said this chiffon top looked good on all heights.  Really???  It didn't look particularly good on SG herself since it was way too long in the back, so petites would be swimming in it.  Why can't they just say the product is best for average or tall women????  They were selling a skirt the other night that was 36 inches for PETITES.  Even the host said it should be rolled up if it is too long.  What designer thinks a 36 inch skirt is the right length for petites???? I guess that's why I rarely watch QVC anymore and just search online if I want something. 

@Jaspersmom

I am a petite and I totally concur.  I wish the hosts and vendors were more forthcoming in their assessment on what body types and heights the item was more suited for.  I remember Lisa Mason would provide this info to customers, and she even told one caller that she was petite and a coat she was buying would not be good on a petite and suggested another coat would be more suited to her height, and she told her in fact it was even a little bit cheaper....too bad Lisa Mason is no longer with QVC........

The bad thing about searching online is that the measurements in the description under "click here" arent always accurate.  I can judge better seeing it on the models that is IF they show it on models of various shapes and heights....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I noticed a review from a 5'2" poster who "loved it" and "gets compliments" all the time. So I would think it's a matter of opinion whether someone would think it's too big/long for petites or not. 

Besides, SG is 5'4". If people thought it looked too big or long on her, couldn't they figure out that it would be even bigger and longer on someone shorter than 5'4"? Also, if the scarf top seemed to be a good length on the tall models (which, as I recall, they were), one could reach the same conclusion that the top might be too long on someone between 5'0 and 5'3".

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I noticed a review from a 5'2" poster who "loved it" and "gets compliments" all the time. So I would think it's a matter of opinion whether someone would think it's too big/long for petites or not. 

Besides, SG is 5'4". If people thought it looked too big or long on her, couldn't they figure out that it would be even bigger and longer on someone shorter than 5'4"? Also, if the scarf top seemed to be a good length on the tall models (which, as I recall, they were), one could reach the same conclusion that the top might be too long on someone between 5'0 and 5'3".

@SaRina

You make some good points but what kind of shoes was Susan and the reviewer or even the models wearing.....that makes a difference too, and even if it looked good on Susan or petite model certain style of shoes with a slight heel can make it look appropriate, but if the shoe had a slightly lower heel it might be too long.....  I purchased a sweater coat one time that the vendor and host INSISTED would be great even on petites (the petite model was not in the show), so I purchased it.....great sweater coat but it was way too long and sent it back stating that they needed a petite size in this item!!!  And when I compared the actual length to the online measurements on "click here", the online measurements were way off with the actual garment....so even doing that you cant trust what QVC says ....  I used to buy quite a few clothing items from QVC but no more...... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

@SaRina

You make some good points but what kind of shoes was Susan and the reviewer or even the models wearing.....that makes a difference too, and even if it looked good on Susan or petite model certain style of shoes with a slight heel can make it look appropriate, but if the shoe had a slightly lower heel it might be too long.....  I purchased a sweater coat one time that the vendor and host INSISTED would be great even on petites (the petite model was not in the show), so I purchased it.....great sweater coat but it was way too long and sent it back stating that they needed a petite size in this item!!!  And when I compared the actual length to the online measurements on "click here", the online measurements were way off with the actual garment....so even doing that you cant trust what QVC says ....  I used to buy quite a few clothing items from QVC but no more...... 

And this is why it wouldn't even be helpful for the host or vendor to state whether a top would be good for petites or not because, as I said, it's always a matter of personal opinion. Admittedly, extremes in height (or weight) have a more challenging time with fit. Someone who is petite has to take several factors into account, including something like heel height, when shopping from tv. 

Honored Contributor

the ones that drive me nuts are "it didn't look good on me but everything else was great" and they give it a 1-2.

..or "the quality was good, the fabric was good and it fit well but "the color did not look good on me..." thus a 1-2.